Scroll bar missing on wide page (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have a look at the following screen shot. Notice that the image on the web page is truncated on the right, but no horizontal scroll bar is shown at the bottom of the screen:

scroll_bar_missing.JPG

Now look at the following screen shot. Notice that a horizontal scroll bar is shown at the bottom of the screen:

scroll_bar_present.JPG

When I viewed the page, it initially displayed as shown in the first image :(. I then scrolled the page, and when I reached the end of the images section, the scroll bar appeared :). On scrolling back towards the top of the page, the scroll bar was now "floating" and remained at the bottom of the screen. (y)

Is it possible to make the floating scroll bar appear as soon as it is needed (or perhaps on initial load of the page)? Thank you.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for the hint, thats a special issue because the page use tables & full size images. Added a fix for that page but havn't tested it widely. Let me know if it helps

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    thanks for the hint, thats a special issue because the page use tables & full size images. Added a fix for that page but havn't tested it widely. Let me know if it helps
    That is better. The images now fit on the page without truncation on the right (so no need for a horizontal scroll bar). But the images can still be selected to see them at a larger size. (y) Thank you!

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom