[Finished] scroll up to go bottom (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard as you have done some good changes to focus handling recently, what do you think about the request and the other considerations about consistent controlling behavior?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I agree that jumping to the bottom of the list from the top is probably the most common/intuitive behaviour. However I also agree that you could have un-focusable controls if it's implemented too simply, e.g a screen with no side menu and controls only directly above.

I don't mind having a think about this and seeing what I can come up with.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I thought that we might enable this behaviour optionally for the ItemsHosts (StackPanel, WrapPanel), so we can enable the "roll over focus" via skin only where it is useful.

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    EDIT - I actually just tested some things from within MP2, and it looks like the left button automatically goes up to the menu tree, and the right key does nothing.
    So technically, if you are on the 1st episode, and hit up, it does the same thing as the left key.
    this would leave the up arrow open to go to last episode, in order to save time and clicks

I agree, we do not want unselectable menus, but I think the quote above from one of my 1st posts has a pretty good explanation of why I think it would work.
    I have not played around the menus lately but I can try again real quick if you want.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I thought that we might enable this behaviour optionally for the ItemsHosts (StackPanel, WrapPanel), so we can enable the "roll over focus" via skin only where it is useful.
    This is probably the best and simplest solution. My only other idea was a long press or double tap to exit the list but this could add too much complexity to the code/navigation.

I agree, we do not want unselectable menus, but I think the quote above from one of my 1st posts has a pretty good explanation of why I think it would work.
    I have not played around the menus lately but I can try again real quick if you want.
    It may well work for all current layouts however that could change in the future, there is a theoretical scenario where it wouldn't work e.g. a list that spans the entire width with no controls either side to gain focus. The menu tree wouldn't get the focus because it isn't located to the left or right of the list.

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I will fire up MePo2 tonight and play around with it for a bit.
    I know for sure, right now the menu tree it jumps to when you hit left is actually at the top (from within movies, or a tv series season)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I will fire up MePo2 tonight and play around with it for a bit.

I know for sure, right now the menu tree it jumps to when you hit left is actually at the top (from within movies, or a tv series season)

It is above but also considered to be to the left (it's x ordinate is less than the list's), that wouldn't necessarily always be the case

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    makes sense in that respect, could you think of a current menu that would not fit this scenario?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom