SD and HD aspect ratios (1 Viewer)

callworth

Portal Member
February 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have two ATSC cards and one analog (that provides video from my STB). The problem I'm having is that my analog card's video is stretched from it's native 4:3 to 16:9 widescreen. Even when I set the aspect ratio while viewing the channels to "original" the image is still stretched. I've tried multiple decoders but they don't have any effect. I didn't have this problem when I was using the original tv engine. Is there a way with tv-server to specify the correct default aspect ratio for each card?

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I had this problem also when changing from the "old" tvserver to the new RC1.
It turned out to be a problem with MPV decoder. Changing to ffdshow didn't help, neither did chaning to some of the other decoders I had installed.

First when I installede Dscaler decoder, it was working again. It used to be bundled with the install package, but why they removed it I don't know, since for me MPV doesn't work for TV because of the stretching problem.

tonyscha

Portal Pro
May 2, 2007
Iowa
Home Country
I am having the same problem on my Non-HD channels so anything that is standard digital. This was the thing that held me back from using TV Server for a while until RC1... but its still annoying!!

Any fixes?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I am having the same problem on my Non-HD channels so anything that is standard digital. This was the thing that held me back from using TV Server for a while until RC1... but its still annoying!!

Any fixes?

Please post some system specifications. Are you using MPV as mpeg2 decoder?

tonyscha

Portal Pro
    May 2, 2007
    Iowa
    Home Country

Any fixes?

Please post some system specifications. Are you using MPV as mpeg2 decoder?

Yes I am using MPV, I also have used ffdshow and same results.

Yura80

Portal Member
    May 6, 2008
    Home Country
    I have the same problem with TT C-1501 DVB-C card.

Update:
    The problem is really in MPV decoder.
    I switched to Elecard MPEG2 Decoder that comes with ProgDVB, and aspect ration is correct 4:3 now.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can confirm that I am still experiencing this when using MPV Decoder. It dissapears when using any other decoder.
    Hope this will get some attention from the devs. I hope it is just a problem with our installs, because its not very good if they are bundling MP with a decoder which doesn't work correctly with the tvengine...

krraqk

Portal Member
    July 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Same problem here, all my tv broadcast stations which are originally 4/3 are enlarged to 16/9, so people is fat!

I have that problem with MPV and ffdshow decoders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom