Search for external Graphic Card to use UHD w. 60Hz (1 Viewer)

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi There,

im currently using an Intel NUC (i5-5250U) with an internal Intel HD Graphics 6000 card,
    Unfortunately this card is not able to play UHD content (Movies/TV).
    So my first thought was about getting an external Graphics card which would allow me to watch UHD Movies/TV at 60hz. Gaming is not relevant for me.
    I would appreciate some recommendations about suitable producst or maybe your general thoughts/alternative ideas about this topic?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Borrowing another receiver sounds like a lot of work. It may be easier to just untick the aforementioned setting and hope for the best. A lot of people do that. If it were me that's what I'd do... and only bother investigating further if further/different problems are observed.
    Borrowing another receiver sounds like a lot of work. It may be easier to just untick the aforementioned setting and hope for the...
    I am experiencing a random issue where every now and then while watching movies playback stops and returns back to previous screen...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 New to HTPCs here DE
    I will try it out, thank you :)
    I will try it out, thank you :)
    Hi everyone, A new comer to the world of HTPCs (not just MediaPortal or any other HTPC software for that matter) and a fair bit of...
    Replies
    Views
    Just to update the above. I picked up the HD6670 today and installed this afternoon - a painless install TBH. What a difference! The picture looks superb and no pixelation at all. I have tried the limited Freeview HD channels and all are performing flawlessly, bar a couple of dropped frames. I have had the athletic championships on...
    Just to update the above. I picked up the HD6670 today and installed this afternoon - a painless install TBH. What a difference...
    Hi I'm also looking for a graphics card for my HTPC: CPU: Intel Core 2 6600 2.4GHz Main-board: Intel DG965WH 6Gb RAM W7 pro 64...
    Replies
    Views
    Can you do everything you need with free version of Plex or did you have to sign up for monthly premium service?
    Can you do everything you need with free version of Plex or did you have to sign up for monthly premium service?
    Hey guys, before I begin, I want to say I appreciate any help you can offer. Basically, I have been using Windows Media Center for...
    Replies
    Views
    (y)
    (y)
    Hi, only joined today but have spent a lot of it reading through existing posts. Big caveat: I haven't yet demo'd MP, partly...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom