Searching using remote's number pad? (1 Viewer)

FireAza

Portal Pro
June 30, 2011
Hi guys,
I recently got a new computer, but I'm having issues with the remote I had been using for MediaPortal. Namely, the software refuses to install because it won't accept my serial number (for some odd reason, you need a serial number to install this remote's software). That shouldn't be a huge loss, since Windows picks it up as a general HID device, but it appears that without the remote's software installed, I can't enter letters to search using the number pad like I used to be able to, I just get numbers. Are there plugins for MP that give remotes the ability to enter in letters using the number pad?

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: XFactor
Windows Version: 7 64 bit
CPU Type: Intel Core i7 980
Memory: 12GB
Remote: Emitta SC-503

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hotkey Search for external Graphic Card to use UHD w. 60Hz Video-Cards 0
horned_reaper [solved] Improved MBID Search for Artist and Album Fanart Handler 101
S TV-Server MP1 - Automatic search doesn't work Installation, configuration support 2
R MP 2.2.3 Search TV program only with the correct begin of show title General 7
B How to Search MP2 for Movies only in 7 day EPG that comes from the Antenna General 3
S search for transponder list, symbol rate 6900000 TV-Cards 0
Terra Crash when searching movies, reproducable Moving Pictures 2
C Is it possible to search or filter non-movie videos in Videos plug-in? General Support 4
toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
morpheus_xx [WiP] OnlineVideos: New browser based playback support using WebDriver, new Amazon siteutil MediaPortal 2 6
toricred [solved] Configuring TV Server to use NAS General 1
vvulture Using Windows 10 MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
atlantic How to use Spotify inside Mediaportal? Listen Music 18
Megane Too much RAM used (over 2 GB). General Support 18
doskabouter 1.23.0 MatroskaTagInfo uses the wrong casing for tags Bugreports 27
D how to disengage from one version of a plugin to use another Newcomers Forum 0
D I just installed MP 1.23. Which version of Schedules Direct should I use, where do I obtain it from Newcomers Forum 6
M Can i use my Vu+ Zero 4k Tuner for Mediaportal? General 0
benicehavefun Using MePo TV Server 1.23 via MPExtended/WebMediaPortal as a Backend for Plex MPExtended 4
G MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server Installation, configuration support 3
1gkar Use Alternative Sites to Scrape Series Info My TVSeries 5
T Can Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control be used to toggle Fullscreen/Windowed mode?? Remotes 7
S [solved] Live TV subtitle issue if not using 100% font General 31
N [Proposal] Make text input using remote control easier MediaPortal 2 4
T Issues with MediaPortal not starting correctly using versions after 1.20 Final General Support 6