Season Pass - Where are you? (1 Viewer)

Topher5000

Portal Pro
April 5, 2006
Is there, or will there be, an option to record only first-run episodes? Sometimes stations will repeat the same episode over & over.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Currently, there is nothing within MP that would only record new shows. I know a couple of guys have been working on something for this.... all in due time.

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    ASiDiE said:
    Currently, there is nothing within MP that would only record new shows. I know a couple of guys have been working on something for this.... all in due time.

This functionality would be very welcome for me. Some shows my wife records are repeated up to five times during the week down here :(

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The only problem IMHO is the availability of this informations in the EGP. The only way would be to subscribe to a paying service to get an accurate EPG.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I still can't find any Season Pass functionality in MP.

When I used SageTV it would handle this perfectly and record every episode only once. If the tv-card was busy recording when the episode first aired it would automatically schedule the rerun for recording. If one episode was successfully recorded but it was removed before you watched it (because of disk space or any other reason), again the rerun would be recorded.

Every free EPG source I know of includes episode numbering. I.e:
    Code:
      <programme start="20070716020500 +0200" stop="20070716023500 +0200" channel="kanal5.se">
        <title lang="sv">Kirstie Alley är Fat Actress</title>
        <desc lang="sv">Den berömde programledaren Merv Griffin ordnar så att Kirstie får möta en av hans rika vänner.</desc>
        <credits>
          <actor>Kirstie Alley</actor>
          <actor>Bryan Callen</actor>
          <actor>Rachael Harris</actor>
        </credits>
        <date>2005</date>
        <category lang="en">series</category>
        <category lang="en">Comedy</category>
     [B]   <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">0 . 5/7 .</episode-num>
        <episode-num system="onscreen">Del 6 av 7 säsong 1</episode-num>[/B]
      </programme>
    Is this information used by MP in any way? Perhaps I've just haven't figured out how to use it :)

I'm using 0.2.3.0 RC1 with TVE2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom