Completed Second build Silverstone LC04 (Black) (1 Viewer)

ShoopNL

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Final installation

Attachments

• IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    787.8 KB

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Maybe a Suggestion: Why don't you try a Noctua 120 mm fan. I use 2x Noctua NSF120 on on 5V and one on 12V. I cant hear them from 30cm. If I set them both at 5V, then I must almost put my ear against the fan (which is quit painful I think) in order to hear them. My Spinpoint HD makes more noise than two noctua's combined. The noctuas also come with rubber connectors instead of hard screws.. This reduces the audieble vibrations.

I put a scythe mini ontop of my 2350BE. Didnt put a fan on the side of the cpu cooler, just the two case fans do the trick in my Antec Fusion. A little airflow will also do the ASUS card good I think..

Regarding the Sound through ATI-card. I found that there are 2 DVI-HDMI dongles available. 2xxx series and 3xxx/4xxx. First I had the 2xxx series dongle. Didnt hear any sound. I bought a new one from a saphire 3xxx series, and now.. Sound! Also the Realtek drivers were needed in my case, not the ATI ones. I found them to buggy/unstable.

ShoopNL

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Maybe a Suggestion: Why don't you try a Noctua 120 mm fan. I use 2x Noctua NSF120 on on 5V and one on 12V. I cant hear them from 30cm. If I set them both at 5V, then I must almost put my ear against the fan (which is quit painful I think) in order to hear them. My Spinpoint HD makes more noise than two noctua's combined. The noctuas also come with rubber connectors instead of hard screws.. This reduces the audieble vibrations.

I put a scythe mini ontop of my 2350BE. Didnt put a fan on the side of the cpu cooler, just the two case fans do the trick in my Antec Fusion. A little airflow will also do the ASUS card good I think..

Regarding the Sound through ATI-card. I found that there are 2 DVI-HDMI dongles available. 2xxx series and 3xxx/4xxx. First I had the 2xxx series dongle. Didnt hear any sound. I bought a new one from a saphire 3xxx series, and now.. Sound! Also the Realtek drivers were needed in my case, not the ATI ones. I found them to buggy/unstable.
Do you remember where you get that saphire 3xxx dongle from? "Marktplaats" maybe?
These Noctua fans are interesting, especcialy whit these rubber connectors. however I can only place 80mm fans, there is no mounting space available for 120 mm fans. I will do a search on them.
For now I have placed a 80mm fan on the side of the grapics card, so I have ome air flow, but the fan is not as quiet as I want it, however it keep the temperature low, everything stay's between 30 and 40 degrees.

Thanx for your info.

ShoopNL

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
this is the one I bought.

Komplett.nl - HIS DVI to HDMI adapter for HD 3K series (I could have the brand Saphire/HIS mixed up in previous post...)

It worked for me. And I thought for these 8 euro's I could try.. no harm if it did not work. But I presume you have a black DVI-HDMI connector now. Correct?

Thanx for your info, I have order it, we will see if it works.
I have no DVI-HDMI conector at all (not included with card)
I used a cable from myself, that I had laying around (it was fully cabled)
Anyway I will see if it works.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Gheheh... Ok..
Hope it works. :) Otherwise youll probably blame me for it ... ghehehe...

Voor de zekerheid zeg ik je lekker niet dat ik in schiedam woon.... Ehh.. OEPS!!!

ShoopNL

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Gheheh... Ok..
Hope it works. :) Otherwise youll probably blame me for it ... ghehehe...

Voor de zekerheid zeg ik je lekker niet dat ik in schiedam woon.... Ehh.. OEPS!!!

Don't worry it's my risk ;-)
Anyway website of product say's:
Support the Radeon HD 3450, HD 3650, HD 3850, HD 3870, HD 3870x2 models

So it supports the ATi 3650 chip (I think...)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Glad to hear that.
Have fun with it :)

Maybe a solution to the HD vibration issue.

In the pictures I see that you might have some room left behind the DVD player. Maybe you can lay the HD there. You can use a little bit of rubber/foam between the metal frame and the HD. To make sure it stays in that position during transport or when ever, you can use those thick rubber elastic bands to hold it there. (ik bedoel van die dikke elastieken die de postbode altijd nog gebruikt) Use as much rubber bands as you think you need to do this.

When I was young.... cough.... I did a vibration cancelling think like thit as well. It worked reasonably well. Need to replace the rubber bands after a year or so, because they dry out.

ShoopNL

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi edterbak (has a strange 2nd meaning this name in dutch ;-) )

Any I finnaly have setup my Home Cinema System, with 5.1 sound.
However I only seem to get normal Stereo sound from my HTPC (HD3650 -> Dongle -> Receiver)
Do you have it running with 5.1 sound? The HD3650 should support 5.1.
Maybe you can give me some hints in what to check.

Thanxs in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom