Secondary display in the kitchen (2 Viewers)

first407

Portal Member
November 9, 2005
Norway
trailboy said:
wewe, try this one instead... it has a lot more features and it is free as well!
http://www.ultravnc.com/

what you could do is the following...

if you want to send audio and video signal to a TV in the kitchen from the living room wirelessly, your only option is to go for one of those video sender (google that). they are able to send video and audio signal (from your TV out graphic card and soundcard output) from a source to a destination as well as remote control strokes towards the source. you could for example watch and control your MP on a normal TV in the kitchen and control it with your remote control!

the other option is to have a simple computer in the kitchen with a VNC viewer and a wireless network card. setup VNC server on your MP computer with wireless card as well. you can then VNC from the kitchen into the living room. VNC viewers can be set to run full screen and you could then use your computer in the kitchen as if it was your MP computer.

hope you understand all that. it is not to compicated. read again just in case...

good luck!
I have installed UltraVNC, but I am so far not very pleased. The update of the menu in MP is very slow and if I try to watch TV, the picture is only updated if I click with the mouse. I am sure this is because my lack of knowledge, so if you can give some adviceon how to configure it for this purpose I will be very thankful.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    From what I remember, there is a Turbo option in the config of the server. It means the menu update rate is *almost* smooth, but its inaccurate (doesnt matter in MPs case as its a DX program, but youll see the inaccuracy if you type something in wordpad) rendering.

trailboy

Portal Member
    January 23, 2006
    London, United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I forgot something important... THE SOUND!

If you VNC from the kitchen into the living room, you will have the video but not the audio... There are many settings you can play with, I use VNC very often but not with those purposes... The thing is, right now, I cannot reproduce your setup at home, sorry.

Video sender is probably your best bet... They all send video+audio and some send remote strokes as well. But for this option you need a TV and it looks like you are using a second computer in the kitchen.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom