Seeking within online videos (1 Viewer)

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I just started to play with OnlineVideos, I'm using ffdshow and flvsplitter and it's working fine.
    Using this setup I can't seek (fast forward, rewind resets playback to start) within videos and I'm wondering is that possible using mplayer? Or is there some other plugin that shows videos from youtube in that you can seek.
    Eidt: I'm asking because watching long videos is not practical without seek, sometimes I just want to ff to see if there's something interesting to see.

dorijan

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    yea...I have the same problem..
    One solution is to use VLC external plugin, but there, I dont see OSD :(

aullah

Portal Member
    July 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    SomeBody Help here :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

HOW CAN WE Fast FORWARD Online VIDEOS - IS IS EVEN POSSIBLE ????

jreed5359

Portal Member
    August 1, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    not with the internal player

I don't understand why this wouldn't be possible. For me, the fast forward works using the internal player. I can do 2x & 4x. However, as soon as I hit play it immediately restarts to the begining, making it rather useless. So the seek capability works but there seems to be a problem causing the video to restart when you hit play.

pantav

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Country flag
    For me the video ever restars. If i wan't to skip a seconds or if I change the speed. But, if I change the speed the video restarts with the new speed.

The video lenght shows ever 0, maybe this is part of the problem.

Despite this problems, it's a wonderful plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi! I saw that the function to find trailers for movies (and TV Series, but maybe that is not used that much?) is missing. Maybe everyone already have talked about this idea, but if not I have a suggestion. If you already have this and better ideas, just ignore this post :) I imagine that maybe a easier implementation is to make a...
    Hi! I saw that the function to find trailers for movies (and TV Series, but maybe that is not used that much?) is missing. Maybe...
    Hi! I saw that the function to find trailers for movies (and TV Series, but maybe that is not used that much?) is missing. Maybe...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks @CyberSimian! I delved deeper into this issue and especially the "Silent Stream Bug" you mentioned. I downloaded different pieces of software that claimed to do like you said: keeping the DA-convertors "alive" by sending a non-audible signal periodically. Turned out this was NOT the thing happening in my AV-receiver. While...
    Thanks @CyberSimian! I delved deeper into this issue and especially the "Silent Stream Bug" you mentioned. I downloaded different...
    I'm having a strange one here ... it seems to have started after getting a new Sony 4k TV, and manifests itself by refusing to...
    Replies
    Views
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-5078 and added to the next release of MediaPortal
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-5078 and added to the next release of MediaPortal
    Hi there, Every now and then, when playing a video no image is rendered. The audio plays fine, but the screen stays black. Not...
    Replies
    Views
    Skip forward/backword works well for me in 2.3 with the WMC skin using the mouse. I can also FF at X2. All I'm missing is the ability to speed up replay with sound!
    Skip forward/backword works well for me in 2.3 with the WMC skin using the mouse. I can also FF at X2. All I'm missing is the...
    Sorry to ask a question again that I can see has been asked before, but I just cannot find an answer and so many of thew wiki links...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm currently running MP 1.21 and I frequently have issues when I attempt to fast forward or rewind a video. Sometime the picture starts looping and you can see its playing about a 5 second clip repeatedly. If I hit play the audio resumes normally but the picture continues to display the same 5 second loop. The only way to stop...
    Hi, I'm currently running MP 1.21 and I frequently have issues when I attempt to fast forward or rewind a video. Sometime the...
    Hi, I'm currently running MP 1.21 and I frequently have issues when I attempt to fast forward or rewind a video. Sometime the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom