seem to be missing information (1 Viewer)

itoig

Portal Member
August 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
i did a new install of MP1.2 about 2 months ago and have updated moving pictures to the previous verison and steamedmp. since i have rebuilt my HTPC i haven't been able to get little boxes of info with each movie, like in the image below

Details-streamedmp.jpg

am i missing something? i tried using imdb to scrape for the movies, but it was pulling up most of the movies with a title of imdb - moviename, so i stopped it mid scrape and used a different movie site to find my movies to avoid te imdb - moviename titles.... course i found out later i could change it. anyway, is there a setting i am missing to get those little boxes on the bottom back to display like 720P, mkv, etc? should i delete my database and redo the whole thing for moving pictures?

thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Your large screenshot makes it impossible to use
    button or see exactly what your problem is.

But I think you are complaining about "IMDb - movie title" problem? If that is the case, you need to either manually upgrade to the new imdb.com scraper-script, or install the IMDb+ scraper-script (link in my signature).

There is no need to delete database and start over in either case, because you can refresh your existing collection with the new scraper-script installed.

With IMDb+ this process can be done from inside MediaPortal GUI, as per: InstallPlugin - imdbplus - Installation of the IMDb+ plugin & scraper script - IMDb+ scraper for MediaPortal's MovingPictures plugin - Google Project Hosting

You can use the instructions on that same wiki for 'manual update' via MovingPictures config if you wish to stay with the default imdb.com scraper, but IMDb+ does offer a lot of other benefits as well, so check it out :)

PS: Was able to find out what you said via HTML source view. I see your problem is MediaInfo related. The version of MediaInfo.DLL that ships with MediaPortal is old and has problems with newer media. So download the 32-bit standalone update MediaInfo.DLL from their SourceForce project website (simply google search to find it) and overwrite the mediainfo.dll you have in your mediaportal program folder.

Verify inside MovingPictures config that when you select a movie to view the movie details that you switch to "File Info" view to see what MediaInfo data is obtained for the file. You can mass-update all movies the same way as the manual scraper-script update method explained on the wiki link I posted ealier. But instead of refreshing movie details you use the Gear icon to update mediainfo data.

If MovingPictures shows all the info you need, such as resolution, audio-codec, etc and GUI still doesn't show it, then you have a skin problem. Either the images are missing, or the skin you have is not 100% compatible with the MovingPictures plugin version you are using, so verify you run the latest MovingPictures version and check the forum thread for the skin you use to make sure its compatible, or grab its latest version.

itoig

Portal Member
    August 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks RoChess for the reply. I didn't know about the file info area and that is the stuff I am missing. I will try and download and replace that dll file.

Thanks again

itoig

Portal Member
    August 8, 2009
    Home Country
    so i downloaded the mediainfo.dll for the 32 bit without installer and replaced it in the mediaportal program x86 folder. i did the rescan to see if it would update that info and it didn't seem to do anything.

i attached the area that is missing, sorry i didn't do it before, i was on a phone while post it and was easier to copy from the moving picture page.

all my movies are .mkv in their own folder. before i rebuilt that machine and loaded Media portal 1.2, i had 1.1 and it used to show that information circled in the attachment. once i loaded 1.2, i was about to get the first few movies with it, but after that it never filled out the rest (then i had dvd ts folders, .avis and mkvs) and it would show that.

when i replaced the mediainfo.dll file, i switched the scrapper from manual to automatic and let it redo everything. but still nothing.

i still think i am doing something wrong.

Attachments

• missing.JPG
      missing.JPG
      19.6 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You need to verify the mediainfo part is done right.

Open MovPic config, goto "Movie Manager", select one of the movies with issues from the list on the left side, drop down the selection on the right side from "Movie Details" to "File Details" and verify that all the 'File Information' data is filled in correct.

If all you see is '0' and empty fields then something went wrong with the MediaInfo stage. Click the 'Gear' icon and select "Update MediaInfo" and see if that then works with the updated MediaInfo.DLL.

If it still fails, then you must have some really weird media file. You can debug this by downloading the MediaInfo GUI application then, so you can see where the problem lies.

If it works, and it replaced the bad data with good data, then you simply have to select all the movies in the movie list and mass update the MediaInfo via MovPiv config. Select first movie, SHIFT+END (everything will be selected) and use the same gear icon method.

You will get a message regarding mounting disk images, so make sure you select the right option for your situation in that case, and then verify a few movies via "File Details" to make sure they updated.

If you have correct info, but you still don't see the images, then its back to plugin/skin problem regarding version you use. Verify with Default/DefaultWide skins then to make sure. You can check the respective custom skin threads for updates/solutions then.

itoig

Portal Member
    August 8, 2009
    Home Country
    that did it... thanks a lot. i guess i know what i did wrong, i was hitting the refresh button, and it was a case of not reading what you said before :oops:. thanks a lot RoChess:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom