Seems to be "blind" to some files - won't import! (1 Viewer)

murks_muell

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
I'm now near a break down! I got several seasons of mythbusters. First most of them got wrongly assigned means the place where I downloaded them used different numbering for the episodes. After I manually edited every filename to match the one of thetvdb.com I deleted the whole series in the configuration of the plugin. Restart and let it import the files again. But now the plugin seems to be blind for some of them! No matter what I do it won't import several of them. E.g. S05E02 + E03, then E07, then from E11 to E25 again. The ones in the gaps also exist but are ignored. This is ridiculous.
What can I do?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Provide the mp-tvseries.log file when you import it, so it will show us why it failed. Be sure to set mediaportal config to debug verbosity.

Obvious reasons it is failing is for example that the filename syntax is slightly different to where it is causing issues during import. Or the extension is not setup correct inside MediaPortal (m4v files for example).

Finally you could have dbase corruption, in which entries in dbase are still pointing to those old files, preventing them from geting re-added. In that case you can first verify you don't have any hidden show entries or run special SQL queries manually to clean up the database. I've got a forum post somewhere that explains the ones needed (search for SQL)

murks_muell

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    Thanks for the fast answer. I mangled the db and deleted all entries with the series id of mythbusters. Now the import works again. To me it seems there is a bug in the delete function of the plugin GUI.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you delete a tv episode from the database (but not disk), then it will not try to reimport the same file, I think that even if you rename that file, it will still recognise it as the same file and will not reimport the file.

Last edited:

freetoair

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I may be doing this backwards but I have a ts file that I have placed in the MePo recordings folder. After creating an xml file and thumbnail and updating the recordings folder- the file will not show. This worked without fail before........what am I doing wrong? There are 150 recordings in the library......is there some limit?

9kt4ec.jpg

This is the xml file

Attachments

• South Park -Channel 4 -2014-04-01 .xml
      1.2 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I may be doing this backwards but I have a ts file that I have placed in the MePo recordings folder. After creating an xml file and thumbnail and updating the recordings folder- the file will not show. This worked without fail before........what am I doing wrong? There are 150 recordings in the library......is there some limit?

Does the file show up inside the import wizard within MP-TVSeries config? Provide some debug verbosity enabled log files otherwise, hard to guess what exactly is going wrong without the log files to detail exactly what is happening.

freetoair

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)

Does the file show up inside the import wizard within MP-TVSeries config? Provide some debug verbosity enabled log files otherwise, hard to guess what exactly is going wrong without the log files to detail exactly what is happening.

It seems that I am using a slightly different means to import the file

I just use this technique and import whatever has been added to the library. It has always worked before

2zs37ds.jpg

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I just use this technique and import whatever has been added to the library. It has always worked before

You do realize you are posting your question in the MP-TVSeries plugin forum right? Show the configuraton side of MP-TVSeries that does the importing and verify that no file is stuck in the import wizard awaiting approval. If you are not even using the MP-TVSeries plugin, then you are asking in the wrong forum (and it appears that is the case).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom