1.10.0 Selected items disapper (still) (1 Viewer)

briegel

Portal Pro
July 2, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Last edited by a moderator:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi briegel,

Sorry that it's not fixed yet! We really appreciate every report we get, and take it seriously. To be honest, I think we have, when i have a quick peak at the threads you linked. ;) Both Holzi & edterbak have been helping you and even reproduced your issue, so TNX for the report! (y)

Now the reason why it's not fixed yet: It wasn't added to our bug tracker, which means it is very likely to get the attention of our developers. And they can't fix it if they don't know it's broken. ;)

I've just added this to our bug tracker. You can follow progress here:
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4600

Now all we need is a developer available who wants to have a peak ;)

briegel

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi regeszter

I've tested your possible solution (on an EeePC and win7) with this result:

1) When i start MePo and play a track, the selected item does not disappear.
    But: The time counter stops at 10sec. for app. 2...3sec. and jumps to 12 / 13 sec. before it runs normaly

2) When a track is playing and i select "now playing", i have a similar behaviour of the time counter.
    (And i still have an old problem with track suggestions. I will test this issue when i am back from vacation with a more powerfull PC).
    When i leave the "now playing" screen and select a new title, the selected items disappear again after 10sec. :(
    This holds up until a new start of MePo.

In my opinion there is a relation between the not working track suggestions and the disappearing selected items.
    This bug must be a result of a rework in earlier times.
    See here too: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/track-suggestions-not-working.127270/

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I remember there is some code about 10 sec, a message send after 10 sec but didn't remember where and when, but it can be a help for this issue :)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    1) When i start MePo and play a track, the selected item does not disappear.
    But: The time counter stops at 10sec. for app. 2...3sec. and jumps to 12 / 13 sec. before it runs normaly

I don't see this behaviour.

2) When a track is playing and i select "now playing", i have a similar behaviour of the time counter.

I don't see this behaviour.

I've tested your possible solution (on an EeePC and win7) with this result:

Please upload your mediaportal.log.

Can some confirm it?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep can you try with starting watchdog tools and select first option, to know if it's not a faulty plugins that trigger the issue :) @briegel

briegel

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i started MP with watchdog tools, Opt.1 on a second system (WIN XP and yes i know it is no longer supported, but it seems to work).
    The result:
    - The 10 sec. issue is not visible (regardless if MP ist started with watchdog tool).
    - "TOP tracks for Tag" is working (even the selection of tracks for adding them to the playlist. The tracks will be displayed after app.13 sec.:).
    But when i leave the "Now playing" screen and open it again, there are no track suggestions for the actual title ( This is different in MP1.2.3. Here MP suggests every time new tracks when you enter the "Now playing" screen or press the yellow button on the remote).
    - Track suggestions only works when a title is active (by hand) selected from the list of musictitles.
    It fails when MP executes the playlist automatically.

- When i skip to the next title, (old) track suggestions are visible for 10sec. of the new title.

I append the logs from both computers

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry to bother you :) could you post some screenshot too ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom