Selecting different codecs for MP and Orb (1 Viewer)

pharaohamps

Portal Member
May 24, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm currently running Orb on my HTPC as both a UPNP server and a remote interface. It works very well for audio and TV but on my video files with 5.1 AC3 audio, the Orb player makes horrible stuttering static noises.

On the HTPC, I'm using AC3Filter with SPDIF passthrough for all my audio. AC3Filter is set to output 3/2/1 5.1 surround, and I'm getting the correct audio from my receiver. If I try to play videos with only 2.0ch audio through Orb, everything is good, but as soon as I play 5.1 files, Orb gives me the static.

I can use either ffdshow or AC3Filter for my AC3 audio files, but whichever one I give the higher merit is the one that MP uses. What I would like to do is use ffdshow set for 2.0 output only for the Orb streams, and have MP use AC3Filter. If I set AC3Filter to "prefer other decoder," EVERYTHING uses ffdshow, even if I have selected AC3Filter in the MP config. If I set AC3Filter to "prefer AC3Filter," EVERYTHING uses AC3Filter. Since I want to leave AC3Filter in 5.1 mode, Orb chokes.

Any ideas? It seems to me that the MP Configuration should be able to override whatever filter merits exist if a different codec is specified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom