Self Contained Web Server / Interface (2 Viewers)

asboe

Portal Member
March 5, 2008
I'm having same kind of trouble as 'jmbillings'
I updated from version 0.2.0.16 to 0.3.0.08 Beta, where I first uninstalled the previous version and then deleted the ini-file.

I have also fund that the 'Recorded' page, still have the old look. Is this on purpose or just my install?

This is just cosmetic! :) I found this project very delicate.:D

H/V Asboe

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After looking on the 1st page of the thread I tried it in IE and still got the same problem, empty guid, recordings, schedule and so on. This makes sense, as I mentioned, the config program won't pick up any channels either.

Looks a great program if I can get it working!

--EDIT

OK, I wonder if this might be the problem:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/development-91/self-contained-web-server-interface-27320/index43.html#post267856

I've updated the Database name in the .ini file and restarted the service, but need to update permission for the web SQL user account to the other database. Unfortunately the wife is watching tv so I can't check it now, but I reckon that might be it... :)

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all

Any clues how I can fault find the installation of the web interface?
    After installing, it wont configure the database connection.

This is being installed on the same machine as TV Server (DEL4100, IP Address 10.0.0.5) is running on and I've tried
    DEL4100
    DEL4100\SQLEXPRESS
    10.0.0.5\SQLEXPRESS
    and all come back with an error of "login failed for user 'sa' (in the former 2) or Error Locating Server/instance in the latter two.

Ive checked the config for Mediaportal and the details for logging in for TV Server are correct and work. Used the same sa details and logged using SQL Studio Express.

Hi all

Any clues how I can fault find the installation of the web interface?
    After installing, it wont configure the database connection.

This is being installed on the same machine as TV Server (DEL4100, IP Address 10.0.0.5) is running on and I've tried
    DEL4100
    DEL4100\SQLEXPRESS
    10.0.0.5\SQLEXPRESS
    and all come back with an error of "login failed for user 'sa' (in the former 2) or Error Locating Server/instance in the latter two.

Ive checked the config for Mediaportal and the details for logging in for TV Server are correct and work. Used the same sa details and logged using SQL Studio Express.

Cancel that .... RC2 has the different database name of MpTvDbRC2

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    I have also fund that the 'Recorded' page, still have the old look. Is this on purpose or just my install?

Hi H/V Asboe,

I left a file out of the install! I have put it in the install now and attached it below. Just put it in the NewInterface folder.

Regards
    Kev

asboe

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    Thanks Big_Kev

I have an other issue with Recorded page
    Recorded.png
    Any idea where this empty space is coming from?

It appears in the old standard layout too and it was also present in my previous install v 0.2.015

H/V Asboe

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks Big_Kev

I have an other issue with Recorded page
    View attachment 23984
    Any idea where this empty space is coming from?

It appears in the old standard layout too and it was also present in my previous install v 0.2.015

H/V Asboe

I will have a look at it tonight. I don't have any data on my development machine for recorded programs at the moment, so I will need to generate some more.

Kev

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Query based suggestions / recording

If anyone is interested, I am looking at adding some query based recording/suggestion stuff to the interface.

I am thinking along the lines of being able to have all shows with a certain actor and/or a certain genre and/or with certain key words in the title or description suggested for recording (or just recorded).

I would need to create an additional database to keep the queries in so that they were not lost during system upgrades.

I am just playing with how to create new database and tables etc in MySQL and MSSQL automatically...

I hope to have something next week

Kev

I will have a look at it tonight. I don't have any data on my development machine for recorded programs at the moment, so I will need to generate some more.

Would You like to have my generated html page?

H/V Asboe

That would be great...

Kev

asboe

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    Done

I copied the html code in a personal mail through this forum.

H/V Asboe

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I am thinking along the lines of being able to have all shows with a certain actor and/or a certain genre and/or with certain key words in the title or description suggested for recording (or just recorded).

I would need to create an additional database to keep the queries in so that they were not lost during system upgrades.

That would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom