Separate Kids & Adult Movies (1 Viewer)

Pete Cleave

November 8, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi,

I have a couple of questions which I hope someone can help with -

1. I have installed MP TVServer 1.3.0 on an old P4 to do some evaluation. I have been using XBMC 12.0 on a laptop to do some evaluation also. One thing that I like about XBMC is the ability to provide different menu options for kids movies and adult movies. Is there a way to do this in MediaPortal? I'm using the latest version of StreamedMP (1.9.0). In MP all the movies are in a single list, which isn't what I want.

2. The IMDB scraper seems to be working well with a couple of exceptions. One relates to my AVI of Disney's Robin Hood. Originally it identified it as the one with Russell Crowe - I managed to change it to the correct one but now it shows the right small icon but the large backdrop is still Mr Crowe - I've moved it back to the resolver and tried again but to no avail.

Thanks!

Pete Cleave

November 8, 2012
Home Country
This is in MovingPictures - if you could point me in the right direction I'm happy to go and play :D

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Pete.

At what level do you mean menu option?

With MovingPicture (as well as MyVideos) you can set separate out content according to a range of options, see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/creating-box-sets.117155/#post-972600 - my suggestion on bxed sets can be used at lower level - kids vs Grown Up [for example] then kids into 'Scooby Doo, Shrek........' as you see fit - but also look at RoChess posting in same thread - the solution I posed work well for a given set of requirements only, there's more than one way to solve a problem.

Cheers - JCMP

Pete Cleave

November 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks JCMP, interesting stuff. If I understand it correctly I'm using categories to separate the kids and adult movies - I'll have a play with that and see what results I get. In the words of Arnie, 'I'll be be back'....

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009
    In Moving Pictures, the separation could be achieved fairly easily if the adult and Kid Movies are already in separate directories. You can add a category with a filter 'full path contains path to Kids Movies/Adult Movies' Keep in mind that a filter can have more than 1 rule, so you could include more than 1 path. Just name the Category Kid Movies or better yet put the child's name. They usually like that.

You can then use you skin's editor to put the category on the Home Screen.[DOUBLEPOST=1364840255][/DOUBLEPOST]In MPTV Series, You can get a similar set up by adding the shows to a kid Series View/Tag.

Pete Cleave

November 8, 2012
    Home Country
    @mpsam - have done that and it works just as required.

Many thanks to all above who pointed me in the right direction - much appreciated :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom