Seperate DVD ISO from Blu-ray ISO. (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Guys,

Is there a way to separate (or somehow tell Moving Pictures) if it's a DVD ISO or a Blu-ray ISO? I have TotalMedia Theater setup as the External Player for Moving Pictures -- while all my Blu-ray ISO's play absolutely perfect; for some odd reason (that I cannot resolve), my DVD ISO's don't seem to playback properly - or in some cases at all in TotalMedia Theater. However, all of these DVD ISO's play absolutely fine in the MediaPortal Internal Player.

What I'd like to do is launch Blu-ray ISO's in TotalMedia Theater, and DVD ISO's in MediaPortal's Internal Player. But since both images have the ISO extension; right now any movie played via MovingPictures ends up playing in TotalMedia Theater.

How can I segregate the playback of these 2 images?

Thanks!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    There is only one external player config possible right now.

So you can fix it two ways.
    1. Find out why regular DVD ISOs won't play in TotalMedia Theater and figure out a way to make that work
    2. Use the MediaPortal internal player for both DVDs and BRs, be sure to install the "BDHandler" MPEI

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There is only one external player config possible right now.

So you can fix it two ways.
    1. Find out why regular DVD ISOs won't play in TotalMedia Theater and figure out a way to make that work
    2. Use the MediaPortal internal player for both DVDs and BRs, be sure to install the "BDHandler" MPEI

Ro,

You're obviously quite knowledgeable about these technicalities so I'll go into a little more detail.

I can't use Option #2 because I have quite a few Blu-ray ISO's and very, very few DVD ISO's, and considering that BD ISO's work absolutely flawless in TMT6, I don't see any point in changing that around just to get a few DVD ISO's working. Also, most of my BD ISO's are 3D, for which I get better support in TMT6.

Coming back to Option #1, that is exactly what I would like - but for the life of me, I've hit a brick wall. I have tried everything under the sun & it's baffling to me. I've uninstalled & re-installed TMT6 and MediaPortal and Moving Pictures, etc. Nothing seems to be working out. Here's the bizarre part - if I play the same DVD ISO's under Windows using TMT6, they work absolutely fine; it's only when I'm going through MediaPortal -> Moving Pictures -> and then playing the DVD ISO's that they fail to work in TMT6. And I'm having random results. Sometimes the DVD will start playing but I will have no remote access to it. Sometimes they won't actually play - it'll bring up the TMT6 splash screen indicating the disc is there and you have to press a key to go further; but it won't actually work even if you press a key. It'll just stay there. It's all very random and doesn't make sense.

However, if I just take my keyboard & mouse & fire up TMT6 and mount the DVD ISO while in Windows; it plays absolutely fine.

I don't get it! I'm all out of ideas.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Whatever virtual mount software you are using right now configured within MediaPortal, try the main alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom