SerialUIR Bugs (1 Viewer)

u28151

Portal Pro
March 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-02-19)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: NVIDIA Audio Decoder
Video Codec: CyberLink Video/SP Decoder
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.40GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: P5GD1 (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
TV Card Model: Twinhan DVB-T
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: 1.2.3.0
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: 8.1.9.8
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
Audio Card Driver: 5.12.8.1164
Optional References: SerialUIR with hauppauge remote
CVS: mediaportal-cvs-02-19-2006--01-06

Hi, I am having some problems with remote controlling MediaPortal together with SerialUIR. Background for using serial interface is that I am planning to put my computer in a different room to avoid fan-noise.
Well, here's my problems:

MediaPortal looses contact with remote control after resuming from S3 hibernation. When restarting Mediaportal it works again.

Can't send any numbers from remote control, for example changing pages on Text-TV.

When using button programmed for "ACTION_SHOW_OSD" in DVD, you can use the LEFT,RIGHT,UP,DOWN buttons to choose for example subtitles but when the submenu for that appears, the buttons on remote stops working. Also you can't close this submenu or OSD with the remote.

I would like to use the same button for different purposes (with SerialUIR), for example the "ACTION_NEXT_CHAPTER" to skip_to_next chapter in DVD & skip_to_next song in My Music. Is this possible? In learning mode you can't assign one button with two functions and when I try to edit remotevalues.xml, it just ignore it.

I have a twinhan DVB-T TV-card, and for a while now MediaPortal have problems locking to channels. Also it is a bit slow starting up TV. Furthermore it is almost impossible to watch TV if timeshifting is not enabled.

By the way, thank you for a great application. Looking forward to the final product.

//Uffe

u28151

Portal Pro
March 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Additions....

Forgot to mention that my IR device is an IR Man serial device.

Comments to issue no 1:
When disable "forced shutdown" in power scheduler plugin it works, but I have to uncheck "Disable TV cards before shutdown" or I receive an exception error when Mediaportal tries to enter hibernation mode. This way when system resumes from hibernation, the remote control is working.

Question:
Anybody who knows if it is possible to have the computer waking up from S3 hibernation with remote control together with a serial IR device?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom