SerialUIR configuration panel has incorrect mapping (1 Viewer)

lem

March 19, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2

Description
Hi,
It seems that the configuration panel for the SerialUIR remote module has an incorrect mapping from the displayed name to the underlying action.
Specifically, the NEXT_SUBTITLE option, which is displayed in the list as a customizable action, is actually mapped to the ACTION_NEXT_AUDIO action under the hood.
You can see this in the source code at Configurations/Sections/RemoteSerialUIR.cs. There is an array "buttonNames" and the 31st entry is NEXT_SUBTITLE. However, in the function internalCommandButton_Click, there is a parallel array "commands", and the 31st entry is Action.ActionType.ACTION_NEXT_AUDIO.
I suggest correcting the entry in the commands array to properly refer to ACTION_NEXT_SUBTITLE, and then adding a new entry to each array to properly expose ACTION_NEXT_AUDIO.
I have a small patch for this that I've done locally. I could submit a git pull request if that is appropriate. I could also post this to the patches forum if that is appropriate (I wasn't sure what the best way was to report a bug that I have a patch to fix..)
BTW, I cannot attach a log (as per the instructions) because the bug is in the configuration tool, not the MediaPortal application.
Thanks!

Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Have a SerialUIR-compatible remote control receiver.
  2. Open the MediaPortal configuration tool.
  3. Go to advanced mode, then go to Remotes->SerialUIR.
  4. Select the NEXT_SUBTITLE option and click Learn Selected Commands.
  5. Record a remote button corresponding to that action.
  6. Once finished recording, press the button, and note that the panel reports that you have pressed ACTION_NEXT_AUDIO instead of ACTION_NEXT_SUBTITLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom