[solved] Series "Britannia" not imported (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

MP 2.1.3 is not recognizing the new series "Britannia" (TvDB-ID 333644). I've now tried this several times and the episodes always end up under VIdeos instead appearing in the Series section. Other than that the series import works as expected.

Attachments

• Server.zip
      2.3 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Right now I'm re- installing 2.1.3 (back from 2.2 testing). Once I've imported my own series I will try if I can reproduce this. If all went well this will be possible tomorrow

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've tried it and the series was imported without issues.
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg
    But as always I've used .nfo files.
    As there is more than one result when you are searching TVDB for "Britannia" it probably is hard to solve this without .nfo.
    I now will test it without .nfo. Result will follow soon.

Attachments

• tvshow.zip
      1.3 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, without .nfo this series can not be identified as none of the search results are unique. So you need to help MP2 here, I fear...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you see something else?
    Yes...
    upload_2018-3-4_18-55-38.png

This is, what MP2 gets when it searches for "Britannia"... So a little help would be nice...

Try to search for "The Flash" and you will get a flash...;) The more specific a series name is, the easier is it to identify. Britannia definitely is not specific enough... Combines with the fact that the TVDB API did not allow searching for YEAR it is not to expect getting a unique result here...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is, what MP2 gets when it searches for "Britannia"..
    No, I don't think so. You need to use the other search option in the tab line

Search.JPG

to get a unique result (it is unique if you select "exactly" instead "contains" )

Result.JPG

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't mix up web search and API. MP2 only can use the API, not the web search...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I looked into this again and believe that the software is not correctly acting.

@Lehmden'a explanation is not conclusive. For example, importing "The Brink" works flawlessly although there is quite a long list of entries other than the correct one:

The Brink.JPG

If Lehmden was right, then half of the import attempts would probably fail. Actually there are three "Britannia" that match exactly and they are all for the correct series with different languages, so this should be working.

I tried renaming the files, adding "(2017)" and even the imdb tt number, but the files always keep ending up in the video section

@henso, could you maybe have a quick peak at this and verify if you're getting the same results? See posting #1 for details.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hah, I solved it: Renaming the folder (not the file names) from Britannia to Britannia (2018) yields the desired result.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom