Series not found on first start of client (1 Viewer)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey,

any idea/solution why on my client with all my series saved on my server all series aren't available on first start after a reboot? Network shares are available and working. I do have to start a manual import in GUI to get my series available.

Attached screenshot for visual understanding ;)

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
      Clipboard01.jpg
      60.4 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @The_Stig, if you provide detailed debug logs capturing when it "occurs", then the logs will show in detail what is happening that is causing this. More then likely the files are technically not available for MP-TVSeries to see/use, so it deletes them, then the server makes them available and they are all shown again after a full re-import.

Screenshot is not going to tell the thousands of steps that might be happening for that, or help debug the source of the problem, so you will have to provide much more.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey RoChess, thanks for having a look. Will provide logs as soon as I am at home again. As its always after a reboot happening, its not hard to reproduce. TVSeries-log is enough?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Captured logs now. @RoChess: I don't see anything in the logs. Do you find anything? I enter the TVSeries plugin at around 19:08. Same situation as described aboved. A manual import via GUI then made the files accessible.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your log shows all data to be present by 19:06 - what makes you think that it isn't? The screenshot in posting #1 Shows all series to be known and available. Rescanning at 19:08 should not be necessary.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That was an "info log", not a "debug log". But considering shows got added again, your storage solution is probably not making them available properly when MP-TVSeries looks for them. This causes MP-TVSeries to conclude you removed them. Debug log files capturing the removal event should tell you why. Database corruption perhaps.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    The screenshot in posting #1 Shows all series to be known and available. Rescanning at 19:08 should not be necessary.
    It colour of the series should be white. When they are orange, I can't start them...so I have to rescan manually.

That was an "info log", not a "debug log". But considering shows got added again, your storage solution is probably not making them available properly when MP-TVSeries looks for them. This causes MP-TVSeries to conclude you removed them. Debug log files capturing the removal event should tell you why. Database corruption perhaps.
    Thanks, will change to debug...Is there a way to delay automatic scan of TVSeries on MP-Startup?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @The_Stig ,

If it's just the color then what I wrote is still valid. The database contains all data - but the path is not (yet) accessible. Do you experience the same if you stop MePo, ensure that the path can be accessed and then only restart MePo?

If you then can access the files, you simply need to extend the time before TV-Series kicks in. There is an option under the tab OnlineData where you can define the delay before the path is searched.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    The database contains all data - but the path is not (yet) accessible.
    Yeah, the database is one the client, so accessible. The files are on the server, which is active. But maybe network connection isn't established fast enough?!?

There is an option under the tab OnlineData where you can define the delay before the path is searched.
    Thanks, thats what I wanted. Didn't find it, although I have searched. Will try that.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I got mine set to 300 seconds, to delay MP-TVSeries from importing on startup. I do not have any issues if I set it to 0 secs, I just don't like to see a spinning circle when I scroll through items I want to watch, as an import scan takes quite a while for me. If I launch MediaPortal to watch a show that just got added, then I can still manually force an import to see the new items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom