Series Recording menu (1 Viewer)

Alexh

Portal Member
October 30, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

Is series recording implemented yet?
In schedules I see that I can list all series currently in the guide but I don't see anything for record series.

WMC had a really good implementation IMO, hit the remote red record button once for single record, twice for series (with corresponding single or double red dot on the guide) then if necessary you could go to the schedule menu, select series and set various options such as all channels, how long to retain etc.

Thanks

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is series recording implemented yet?
    Yes, open the context menu for the program in the TV guide (right click or info button), select 'Extended Scheduling', in the new screen there is a 'Record Series' button at the top which will allow you to set up a series schedule.

Alexh

Portal Member
    October 30, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you,

For the main schedule menu if I may make a suggestion...

For series recordings, as selected by the series setup radio button, display a vertical list of current series scheduled for recording. Then the user can highlight a given series and on another part of the screen would be the various current options such as all channels, days, cancel series etc.and of course these options could be changed. Of course this can also be done from the guide - info button - extended but often there are no episodes in the schedule.

On WMC, I believe if enter was pressed on a given series name the display would change to show all scheduled episode recordings for that series.

Also, you probably know but captions for live OTA TV do not work - no language menu appears under info - captions.

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Also, you probably know but captions for live OTA TV do not work - no language menu appears under info - captions.
    I think you need to enable them under Settings->Players->Video Player->Closed Captions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom