Series with years in the title (1 Viewer)

samsonious

Portal Member
June 17, 2008
Apologies if this has been addressed, i couldn't find anything but would be suprised if i'm the first to have this problem.

The problem i have is with "Spider-man (1994)". The parser detects this as "Spider-Man (" Season 19 episode 94 for every episode.

If possible i'd like to be able to name these differently rather than change the expressions as i'd like multiple installs/reinstalls to just work without tweaking.

Interestingly it isn't entirely an expression issue as "Doctor Who (2005)" is parsed properly. To experiment i tried changing the year of spiderman and it works fine for years 2000 onwards so for example "Spider-man (2001)" is parsed exactly as that whereas "Spider-man (1999)" gets screwed up.

I can't see anything in the default expressions to explain this behaviour, is there special handling for years 2000 onwards built in?

Cheers

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's the RegEx that causes this behavior. When it comes across two digits in a row after a series of non digits and the first digit does equals 1 it takes it as the season. That why it works with 2001 but not with 1993.

Check the regular expression thread for something that matches your naming standard.

samsonious

Portal Member
    June 17, 2008
    Thanks for clearing this up Scythe. I will have to look into this further as i also have Aquaman 1968 (i think thats the year, at work) which is being correctly identified and isn't being lumped as Season 19 episode 68 for each.

As i have multiple clients and don't want to keep changing regular expressions for new/reinstalls i've currently opted to simply name them "Spider-man TAS". While this will mean they are not automatically detected i'll at least be able to tell which it is when i'm prompted to identify it and the season information will not be misintepreted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom