Server Client starts from start of timeshift from other client (1 Viewer)

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,

I will post logs if needed but wonder if this is a known issue(?)

I have just re-built my server in both the physical and software sense. I had this problem before, but as it still exists, I thought I would try to get to the bottom of it:

My setup is a Sever which also acts as a client for my main TV; Client in bedroom; client in dining room. If I am watching TV on the dining room client and start the same channel in the main TV (Server/Client), MP starts the TS from the start of when the dining room client started. The skip step button only displays "end" and does not allow moving backwards or forwards. I have to stop the client before starting TV on the server. Otherwise the TS file plays fine, just out of time.

If anyone would like to see logs, which ones (server, client, both)?

Thanks,
    Chris

Andreas26

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi chris,

i also noticed that couple weeks ago. but since we just moved i didnt care much about it. now we r close to get finished and i have a lil more time again.

same behavior.....when tv in the living room is playing some channel and i switch to the same channel in the bedroom it starts from the beginning of the timeshift file. i read something about "theres only one timeshift file since 1.2 alpha or beta" in another thread.

the strange thing is: sometimes the second client lets me skip to the end of the stream, so i am able to watch the channel live. other times it happens i cannot skip more forward.

i am using unc path settings cause since 1.xxxxx i had problems changing channels without unc paths.

maybe someoone out there can help us on this.....i nearly got mp to be what i wanted it to be since the last 6 years. this is the only thing thats not working like i want it to do.

greetings and thx andreas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom