Service keeps crashing (1 Viewer)

LiquidSky

Portal Member
December 22, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,
I recently switched from MP1 to MP2, but I have some problems. The service keeps crashing, it's always with big files or many files in the data source. It runs on a i7 with 64Gb, that should be enough, no? It also happens on other machines I have.
Second issue: It does not list or play .ogg files anymore, am I missing something?
I would like some advice please... I have atached the logs of the latest MP2 service crash
Kind regards,
LS

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-07-07-20.43.24.zip
    127.4 KB

LiquidSky

Portal Member
December 22, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
No one? I have a second log, it crashes with " OCVVideoThumbnailer: Exception reading resource '{03dd2da6-4da8-4d3e-9e55-80e3165729a3}:////NAS04/Video-all/Movies/Lazarat (2019)/Lazarat (2019).mkv' (Text: 'u != 0')" I don't know what that means. File plays fine in VLC.
Anyway, this is what mediainfo reports about that file...

Attachments

• Lazarat.txt
    4.2 KB
  • MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-07-27-14.58.18.zip
    148.7 KB
Last edited:

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I don't have any ogg files so I can't comment on that issue before spending more time on it (which I don't have currently). The other issue is the video thumbnailer running out of memory (big files use a lot of memory and a 32 bit process is limited to around 2 GB), which should be fixed in MP 2.3.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I had a look at the ogg file issue. According to Wikipedia it is recommended to only use the .ogg extension for audio files which is how we handle it. For video files .ogm or even better .ogv should be used. Playback of these are currently not supported, but I added support to MP2.3.

LiquidSky

Portal Member
    December 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Sorry for my late reply, I didn't expect anyone to reply anymore. All my .ogg files are audio (I ripped my entire CD collection to this format) but they don't show up in MP2

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for my late reply, I didn't expect anyone to reply anymore. All my .ogg files are audio (I ripped my entire CD collection to this format) but they don't show up in MP2
    As mentioned by Henso next version of MP2 will have support included. The release will be quite soon, so you don’t need to wait too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom