[Help Me!] "Service unavailable" after update to 0.4.2 (1 Viewer)

malte71

Portal Pro
April 20, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

After update from version 0.4.1 to 0.42. with both MPExtended and WebMediaPortal I have encountered two problems:

Problem 1:

I cannot connect to WebMediaPortal anymore via the internal IP adress (192.168.1.4) or the external IP or dyndns domain name.I get the message "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable." Connection by calling the machine name (HTPCHD) still works. Before the update alle three ways worked perfectly.

I did not change the IIS express configuration, the bindings are still in the config xml file and the IP and external domain name are still added in the service host xml file.

Looking at the IIS logs I found the following difference:

Before update:

[2012-01-10 19:06:52] IIS Express wird gestartet...
[2012-01-10 19:06:52] Successfully registered URL "http://HTPCHD:8080/" for site "WebMediaPortal" application "/"
[2012-01-10 19:06:52] Successfully registered URL "http://192.168.1.4:8080/" for site "WebMediaPortal" application "/"
[2012-01-10 19:06:52] Failed to call HttpAddUrl with http://169.254.70.109:8080/ [2012-0...3881/index16.html#post837361"] in this thread the home site of WebMediaPortal does not show alle the menu items but is empty (only text "Welcome" and links "Home" and "Settings" show up. Also, in the configuration application of MPExtended the test links are missing.

As suggested in the previous posting I uninstalled both MPExtended and WebMediaPortal and reinstalled which actually solved this problem but now a few days later it occured again. I did not make any changes to the setup.

I#D be glad for any advice on these problems since I really like the plugin and used it a lot especially for remote programming of TV recordings.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Problem 1:
    I think you are running the service as your own user instead of the system user... can you confirm this? If so, can you try running it as the local system account?

Problem 2:
    Ouch, I hate things breaking unexpectedly like that too :/ Can you try restarting the service (MPExtended Service, not MEPxtended WebMediaPortal) twice? I'm not sure it'll help but there seems to have gone something wrong during shutdown of the service...

malte71

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: "Service unavailable" after update to 0.4.2

Okay, you were right, problem 1 is solved. Thanks a lot!

Problem 2 unfortunately is not solved.I uninstalled and re-installed both service and WebMediaPortal and re-started the service twice. Still I can only successfully connect to WebMediaPortal by callin g the machine name. IP and DynDns domain still don't work. I attach logs from today... maybe if you have anotgher idea what to do please let me know.

Best regards,
    Malte

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom