1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servioo and BubbleuPNP is great! | Page 2

Discussion in 'Other HTPC Applications (no support)' started by kiwijunglist, October 14, 2014.

1. Luca Brasi
    • Premium Supporter

Luca Brasi MP Donator

Ratings:
    +117 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    @kiwijunglist it says in the config that transcoding is not supported with the generic profile? And where did you set the quality in Serviio? Don't have the setting...

Edit: There is one thing bugging me. If I close a video on the phone, serviio doesn't stop the transcoding. This means ffmpeg is still listed in the processes and consuming a lot of cpu... Is it the same for you guys?

Last edited: October 14, 2014
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,819 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Oh really. Hmm. I'll investigate. If ffmpeg runs with generic profile.

I'll have a look to see if ffmpeg is terminated or not tomorrow.[DOUBLEPOST=1413294603][/DOUBLEPOST]The quality setting is in there somewhere.[DOUBLEPOST=1413294621][/DOUBLEPOST]It's original / medium / low

4. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,819 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Quality settings are under the delivery tab and the remote tab (content delivery).

Servioo doesn't launch more than 1x ffmpeg process if I launch sequential files. It does keep the last process going (according to a search of the forums this is by design, not a 'bug'), I assume it's so that you can easily resume and might also help if unstable connection needs to reconnect. ffmpeg only uses about 10% of cpu, but I guess that still more than 0%.

I can confirm from looking at profiles.xml that the generic profile doesn't actually transcode any local content.

Last edited: October 14, 2014

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Like Us On Facebook

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!