Servioo and BubbleuPNP is great! (1 Viewer)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @kiwijunglist it says in the config that transcoding is not supported with the generic profile? And where did you set the quality in Serviio? Don't have the setting...

Edit: There is one thing bugging me. If I close a video on the phone, serviio doesn't stop the transcoding. This means ffmpeg is still listed in the processes and consuming a lot of cpu... Is it the same for you guys?

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh really. Hmm. I'll investigate. If ffmpeg runs with generic profile.

I'll have a look to see if ffmpeg is terminated or not tomorrow.[DOUBLEPOST=1413294603][/DOUBLEPOST]The quality setting is in there somewhere.[DOUBLEPOST=1413294621][/DOUBLEPOST]It's original / medium / low

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @kiwijunglist it says in the config that transcoding is not supported with the generic profile? And where did you set the quality in Serviio? Don't have the setting...

Edit: There is one thing bugging me. If I close a video on the phone, serviio doesn't stop the transcoding. This means ffmpeg is still listed in the processes and consuming a lot of cpu... Is it the same for you guys?

Quality settings are under the delivery tab and the remote tab (content delivery).

Servioo doesn't launch more than 1x ffmpeg process if I launch sequential files. It does keep the last process going (according to a search of the forums this is by design, not a 'bug'), I assume it's so that you can easily resume and might also help if unstable connection needs to reconnect. ffmpeg only uses about 10% of cpu, but I guess that still more than 0%.

I can confirm from looking at profiles.xml that the generic profile doesn't actually transcode any local content.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom