1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servioo and BubbleuPNP is great!

Discussion in 'Other HTPC Applications (no support)' started by kiwijunglist, October 14, 2014.

1. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,819 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Recently discovered these two programs, and they work really well.

I've just installed servioo onto my htpc and bubbleupnp onto my android phone (both are free) and I throughly recommend them as an alternative to using MPExtended. (Doesn't work with TV of course).

Servio and bubbleupnp requires very very little setup. Add the media folders in servioo and then click ok. Nothing else to configure in either app. The transcoding works great. Both programs are extremely light weight. Servioo works with both metadata view and folder view. I recommend them if you want to watch movies/series on your tablet/phone and want something that is light weight, stable and easier to install.

-Kiwi

• Like Like x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pur_berger
    • Super User

pur_berger Super User

Ratings:
    +257 / 1
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    Serviio is great - I use upnplayer in combination if I use it. But what also is working great is simply using es filexplorer and mx Player - you can browse the files in the LAN and simply play them :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,819 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    yeah that works except for 20gb rips which exceed the transfer rate of the wifi (they need to be transcoded)

Have you tried using the custom codec pack from xda for mxplayer, it adds some extra codec support.

5. pur_berger
    • Super User

pur_berger Super User

Ratings:
    +257 / 1
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    no - My files are all working without any additional packages. But I have no 20GB rips :)

6. Luca Brasi
    • Premium Supporter

Luca Brasi MP Donator

Ratings:
    +117 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    kiwi, which profile do you chose for your android phone in the servioo settings? I wonder there are no profiles for phone/tablets....

7. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,819 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    What is it about upnp player that you prefer it to bubble[DOUBLEPOST=1413284137][/DOUBLEPOST]I use generic default profile in serviio with medium quality. In bubble I set it to transcode 720p but I'm not sure if that has any effect.

8. tony72
    • Premium Supporter

tony72 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +51 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    I also use BubbleUPnP, but just with the built-in Windows 7 DLNA server, then again mostly I only use it for audio, there's not much in the way of configuration options for transcoding video, and I don't think it's very good at it.

9. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,819 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    It sounds like you are using bubble upnp Windows server. Haven't tried that myself (i use servioo as the server), the android client has a lot of options.

10. tony72
    • Premium Supporter

tony72 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +51 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    Me? No, I meant that I use the BubbleUPnP client on my Android devices, not the server. Sorry, my post wasn't at all clear now I read it again. Yes, the BubbleUPnP client is great, it was the Windows built-in DLNA server I was talking about that lacks features, but I wanted to install the minimum amount of extra stuff on my MediaPortal server, so I didn't want to install a third-party DLNA server if I could avoid it.

11. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,819 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    I see. I didn't want to use wmp bc it always messes with your sh*t. Eg .It replaces the album art with lower quality versions and makes thumbnail files everywhere. I don't key wmp anywhere near my media library :)[DOUBLEPOST=1413290905][/DOUBLEPOST]I feel like serviiois really minimalistic, I too refrain from installing too much software on my hhtpc, I take the less is more approach. I even do a format when I upgrade mepo lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1413291132][/DOUBLEPOST]Too be honest I've never tried the wmp dlna server , although it is on bc I can see it in bubble client.

Last edited: October 14, 2014

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Like Us On Facebook

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!