Set matching speaker configuration? (1 Viewer)

petrovice

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Bamberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Symphy,
    first of all I would like to say a big thank you for your work you have been done :D

Now to my very nerving problem with the windows speaker settings. To get 5.1 PCM sound out of PowerDVD, I must set the windows speaker settings to 5.1. If I don´t do that, it will only output stereo. With this setting set everything including the sound from PureAudio is now in Multichannel format, even stereo sources which I don´t want :(

ReClock has some very nice function to set the speaker setting depending on the source. So I can set the windows speaker configuration to 5.1 and I will always get the right output in movies:

Source --> Output
    Stereo --> Stereo
    5.1 --> 5.1

So is it possible to set the matching speaker configuration with ASIO?
    Are you working on a WASAPI version of your PlugIn which could do that?

Thanks a lot and regards,
    Peter

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi Symphy,
    first of all I would like to say a big thank you for your work you have been done :D

Now to my very nerving problem with the windows speaker settings. To get 5.1 PCM sound out of PowerDVD, I must set the windows speaker settings to 5.1. If I don´t do that, it will only output stereo. With this setting set everything including the sound from PureAudio is now in Multichannel format, even stereo sources which I don´t want :(

ReClock has some very nice function to set the speaker setting depending on the source. So I can set the windows speaker configuration to 5.1 and I will always get the right output in movies:

Source --> Output
    Stereo --> Stereo
    5.1 --> 5.1

So is it possible to set the matching speaker configuration with ASIO?
    Are you working on a WASAPI version of your PlugIn which could do that?

Thanks a lot and regards,
    Peter

Hi petrovice, I have the same problem :D We need good directshow music player plugin so we can use Reclock with WASAPI support, or WASAPI support for PureAudio plugin

Maybe WMPlayer plugin can help, I will test it...

petrovice

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Bamberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mikeyko,
    my problem with the speaker settings seems now solved with the newest update for PowerDVD. I can keep the speaker setting "stereo" in windows and everything will be fine with ReClock and PureAudio.

Suddenly no feedback from Symphy about this request - it would be nice to have this feature also in the PureAudio PlugIn :rolleyes:

Best regards,
    Peter

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Suddenly no feedback from Symphy about this request - it would be nice to have this feature also in the PureAudio PlugIn :rolleyes:

Sorry haven't been onhere since april 4 or something :)

ASIO in itself doesn't know about any speaker settings, there are just a number of channels.

If your stereo sources output as multichannel, it probably gets upmixed somewhere. How do you have PureAudio configured? Normally, on a multichannel audiodevice, stereo just plays as stereo, unless you have upmixing enabled.

About WASAPI, it's on the todo list, but won't be before the end of this year.

petrovice

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Bamberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Symphy,
    thank your for the reply.

In PureAudio I haven´t set any upmixing:
    Mono -> Mono
    Stereo -> Stereo
    5.1 -> 5.1
    7.1 -> 7.1

I think it comes from the windows device, because when 5.1 speakers are set, then everything goes out as Multichannel. But don´t mind anymore, with the latest PowerDVD update I can leave Stereo speakers in windows settings.

Looking forward to your WASAPI version :cool:

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
    Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom