Set something as "Unwatched", how? (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one who's watching a show more than once. For this I like to set the complete series to "unwatched" before I restart watching it. So I easily can see how far I have gone with the replay.

But I can't find a way to set something as unwatched once it was marked as watched. Not inside the plugin nor on the website. Is there no way to do so? If no, this is something desperately needed.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In TvSeries... that's how I do it, I guess it works like that for whatever you "Trakt with".

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    In the gone MP1 days I was using TVSeries also. There I can set a show as unwatched. But that never was synchronised to Trakt. I need this on Trakt to use it on different systems with different clients like tablets, pc, android boxes.... (that's what Trakt is for imho), not only on one local client...

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have two clients and both using trakt and the same account, and I get it synced.
    Sooo... i mark a season or ep as unwatched in tvseries on one client, and in that gets synced to tvseries on the other client.
    Sorry dude but I have no more info than that, works for me... and have no idea how to troubleshoot... besides posting logs and hoping that someone picks up on this and have a look.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's as simple as 4Fred said, you must be blind. Since you're not using MP1, you can ask MP2 to include syncing of unwatched.

TVSeries Plugin MP1
    From the context menu of a series, season or episode you can 'Toggle Watched', this will mark either mark the items as watched or unwatched. PlayCounts persists and all clients that support syncing of unwatched (trakt plugin does support this) will be marked as unwatched. This is the easiest method, to do mass unwatched for different series. It's not available from configuration on GUI.

Website
    You can remove items from your History page, just hover over an item and press the big fat X icon in the top right hand corner of a thumbnail.

or

From an episode details page, click the 'view details' link next to your watched history and delete.

It's recommended to do it via the plugin as the playcounts will persist but locally it will appear as unwatched. When you remove scrobbled items from the website you remove them forever, if it was synced as seen then doesn't matter as it has no watched history associated with it.

At the end of the day, it depends on your local clients supporting syncing of unwatched, the traktplugin (which this thread is for) does support it.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Thanks for trying to help.
    you must be blind.
    Not really as all you've mentioned I've tried before, nothing is working.

You can remove items from your History page, just hover over an item and press the big fat X icon in the top right hand corner of a thumbnail.
    Yes, this deletes the episode(s) from history, but it stays watched in my collection. So not what I want.

From an episode details page, click the 'view details' link next to your watched history and delete.
    This simply does nothing at all. Tried it a hundred times with Firefox (most recent) and Internet Explorer, no luck at all. This seems the most logical place to me, so that's why I've tried this first.

Using MP2 is the reason why I'm fiddling around with trakt. Normally I'm a follw.it user, where such things are really easy to achieve. But follw.it is not supported on MP2 atm so I'm looking for an alternative.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I suggest raising an enhancement request to MP2 team to support syncing of unwatched as well as ability to mark something as unwatched from the GUI.

I don't know why the delete button does not work for you, but this is not the place to discuss that anyway as its a website issue where you can raise things like that here: http://support.trakt.tv/

Using the delete button is the only way you can remove scrobbles permanently but it does mean loosing your watched history, hence its recommended to do it via the API and keep your watched history and have all your clients sync with your unwatched states. A new website design is on the way and will probably be available for everyone later this year, I also believe there is a request on the support forums to re-play series from the website which sounds like what you want to achieve (without loosing playcounts).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Thanks for the help. I've looked into those enhancement request page. This is asked often already. No need to add another request of the same topic. Up to now there seems to be no easy way. But it looks like people on trakt are working on a solution...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom