Set standard backdrop? (1 Viewer)

Felias

Portal Pro
August 28, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
fforde: Amazing, thanks a lot for that! I'll try it out as soon as i get home from work today. And i guess everyone who thinks this is good should post in fforde's thread so that the important people see how important this is :)
Otherwise the next update would kick out that feature again i guess?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well in the other thread all I posted was a code patch, no DLLs so unless you can rebuild MediaPortal yourself, it will be hard to try. It is late here now, but tomorrow, I will post a modified core.dll based on the latest SVN and my code change so you can give it a go.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Okay, attached is a ZIP file containing a patched core.dll, as well as an updated movingpictures.xml file (based off the default skin). The path for the multiimage control (the random backdrop) is hard coded in the XML file to the default backdrop directory on Windows XP systems. If you are not running Windows XP, you will probably have to manually modify this. If my fixes are implemented in the next RC release of Media Portal, I will modify Moving Pictures so the path does not need to be hard coded, it would be specified by the plug-in.

The core.dll is based off the SVN revision 20297 (as of Sept. 23, pretty much the latest SVN). I also tested it with RC2 and it worked fine for me, but no guarantees.

This is an unsupported modification to Media Portal. Testing has been minimal and you should not use this unless you are not worried about stability. Download at your own risk. And with all due respect, if you need to ask how to apply this patch then you should probably pass for now.

chrisvilla

Portal Member
March 24, 2008
Walsall
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have changed the backgroung.png to the attached one. Looks a bitter better than the current grey one. Just thought i'd post in case anyone was wanting to do something similar.

Just need to replace the file: skin/media/moving pictures/background.png

background.png

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
FForde: I have a little idea regarding backdrops for movies with no backdrop, would it be possible to make the movie cover display tiled in the background? maybe 10-20 of them covering the background, with some sort of layer above.. black glass or something. Just to keep the background related to the movie, but just covers alone will be ugly.

I can try to do a mockup to show what I mean.. But it will be a while :p

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to set a default cover if no cover is available?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    FForde: I have a little idea regarding backdrops for movies with no backdrop, would it be possible to make the movie cover display tiled in the background? maybe 10-20 of them covering the background, with some sort of layer above.. black glass or something. Just to keep the background related to the movie, but just covers alone will be ugly.

I can try to do a mockup to show what I mean.. But it will be a while :p

Sorry Darre, I must have missed this post. I get what you are thinking. I think it would be difficult to implement though without creating a totally new control type. Or maybe an enhancement to the image control to allow tiling rather than stretching when the specified display size is larger than the actual display size. I think that would be the way to go. After the next release, if this is something you are still interested in, send me a PM and I will make a patch for MediaPortal itself to implement this.

Is it possible to set a default cover if no cover is available?

Well the plug-in does not have any conditionally visible control based on cover art availability like it does for backdrops, so you would just have to place your default image directly behind the standard cover. So when a cover is not available, the default cover would still be visible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom