Setting up a live web stream as a TV Channel (2 Viewers)

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good evening!

I am trying to set up a TV channel in the TV server to show my live stream from a local camera. I am clearly doing something wrong with the syntax. I can watch the camera fine on VLC as shown below, and MediaPortal is finding my playlist OK, but it isn't finding the stream and adding the channel.

Can anyone help me? I have read the Wiki over and over and over again and can't work out what I am doing wrong.

Many thanks
    RH

Birdbox - Live camera.png
    Bird box - stream VLC.png
    Bird Box - playlist.png
    Bird Box - scan results.png

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you have any relevant logs for that? More specifically: the logs of the IPTV plugin (don't know by heart what exactly the filename would be) in debug mode.
    You can dm them to me if you suspect sensitive data inthere

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do you have any relevant logs for that? More specifically: the logs of the IPTV plugin (don't know by heart what exactly the filename would be) in debug mode.
    You can dm them to me if you suspect sensitive data inthere

Morning/afternoon!

Attached all the relevant logs that I can get together. My attempt at adding the stream was just a few minutes before I started this thread if that helps with the timestamp.

I suspect I have just got the syntax wrong in my playlist file (which is called 'BB' for bird box). Any help welcome because we are really hoping to record the moment the eggs hatch.

Thank you
    RH

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_05_05_24__11_59.zip
      3.4 MB
    • MP Logs.zip
      1.4 MB
    • MP TV Server logs.zip
      3.9 MB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    checking logs I see:
    MPUrlSourceSplitter_Protocol_Http: instance 'Main': CurlDebug(): CURL message: 'connect to 127.168.0.249 port 9999 failed: Connection refused'
    MPUrlSourceSplitter_Protocol_Http: instance 'Main': CurlDebug(): CURL message: 'Failed to connect to 127.168.0.249 port 9999: Connection refused'

Perhaps some firewall is in the way?
    Just curious: does the rtsp part (rtsp://adminetc) works by itself? (f.e. in vlcplayer)?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    sorry, i overlooked that...
    does it work if you put that rtsp url in the bbb.m3u8?
    Btw you can also try watching it through onlinevideos but you don't have (scheduled) recordings there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom