Setting up Blu-ray, Capture Card, LCD Indicator and Skype (1 Viewer)

Dirtydeez

May 4, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been digging around for a HTPC frontend: I've tried WMC, XBMC, Plex, & MP1.3. I really like the look of MP1.3, but even w/ help from the Wiki and the forums I'm just stuck, confused, and frustrated w/ trying to get MP configured to my HTPC system capabilities. Maybe it just can't be done, maybe it's b/c I'm am noob at this stuff; but, it's certainly not from a lack of trying or reading. With that said, if anyone has a little time to point me in the right direction I would REALLY appreciate it.

I have installed MP1.3 w/ TV server on one PC which is to be my HTPC once set up. I need help configuring the following:
  1. I would like to playback retail Blu-Ray disc from MP1.3. I have a LG BR-Burner, registered Cyberlink BluRay Disk Suite w/ PowerDVD10 installed and it plays current retail DVD's. I have tried the FreeBR and DVD FAB decrypters. I couldn't get any of them to work.
  2. I was hoping to use MP1.3 TV Server w/ my Avermedia C027 dual capture card. Not a TV capture just a dual capture(1. Analog 2. HDMI Digital). It uses NTSC or PAL. & will record in several different codecs H.264, MPEG, AVI, IPOD..ect. Also has the ability to bypass certain filters ;)
  3. I would like to be able to use Skype in MP1.3; but, I all found in this Skype4MP thread was not a mpe1 and looked to be very dated.
  4. Also I have a 2x20 LCD module which works w/ WinAmp and WMC. Any way to push this to MP1.3?
Thanks for your time. Really!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

I can only speak on question/point 2.

I was hoping to use MP1.3 TV Server w/ my Avermedia C027 dual capture card. Not a TV capture just a dual capture(1. Analog 2. HDMI Digital). It uses NTSC or PAL. & will record in several different codecs H.264, MPEG, AVI, IPOD..ect. Also has the ability to bypass certain filters ;)
    If you read the wiki you'll see we don't support capture cards.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/0_TV_Card_Features
    Item #5:
    The Hauppauge Colossus and HD PVR video capture devices. TV Server also supports capture inputs on cards with analog tuners, however other capture cards without tuners are not supported.

Having said that...
    Adding support is not out of the question. It depends on how difficult it would be.
    Please could you:
    1. Download the appropriate version of GraphStudio from here: http://blog.monogram.sk/janos/2009/06/14/monogram-graphstudio-0320/
    2. Run GraphStudio (no install required).
    3. In the top menu click "graph", then select "insert filter...".
    4. You'll see two fields at the top of the new window. In the first, select "WDM Streaming Crossbar Devices", and in the second select "All Filters".
    5. Please repeat for each device in the list: select, then click "insert".
    6. Hit escape or click the X in the top right corner to close the new window.
    7. In the top menu click "graph", then select "make screenshot".
    8. Open paint, gimp, photoshop or similar and press ctrl+v to paste the screenshot into a new image. If you have Microsoft Word, you could use that instead.
    9. Save the image or document then post/attach it here.
    mm

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would like to playback retail Blu-Ray disc from MP1.3. I have a LG BR-Burner, registered Cyberlink BluRay Disk Suite w/ PowerDVD10 installed and it plays current retail DVD's. I have tried the FreeBR and DVD FAB decrypters. I couldn't get any of them to work.!

Sounds like you have already gone through
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ew/1.3.x/Native_Blu-ray_Support/Configuration
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/0_What's_New/1.3.x/Native_Blu-ray_Support
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/native-blu-ray-support.102375/[DOUBLEPOST=1369473299][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I would like to be able to use Skype in MP1.3; but, I all found in this Skype4MP thread was not a mpe1 and looked to be very dated.

I think that is it for MP1. There is a possibility of skype 4 MP with video for MP2 in the future.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    1. I would like to playback retail Blu-Ray disc from MP1.3. I have a LG BR-Burner, registered Cyberlink BluRay Disk Suite w/ PowerDVD10 installed and it plays current retail DVD's. I have tried the FreeBR and DVD FAB decrypters. I couldn't get any of them to work.

Cyberlink wont offer any decrypting API or similar that 3rd party applications could use so it is not possible to use it for the MP's internal Blu-ray support.

Dirtydeez

May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you read the wiki you'll see we don't support capture cards

Yes, I did read this. But, the fact that I had multiple NTSC and PAL options had me hoping that maybe this card was a little different.

Sorry, it took me so long to respond. I stay pretty busy.
    Here is the SS you asked for. Again, thanks for your time.
    Avermedia Analog Xbar 2nd.JPG

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Dirtydeez :)

Yes, I did read this. But, the fact that I had multiple NTSC and PAL options had me hoping that maybe this card was a little different.
    Mmmm, this doesn't really make it any different.

The info above is promising.
    Next step in the process is to repeat the process for "WDM Streaming Capture Devices" and "WDM Streaming Encoder Devices".

I note that this process would proceed far more quickly if you're able to give me remote access to your PC. TeamViewer is probably the easiest way to do that. Please let me know if you're willing to go down that route.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom