Setting up MCE remote with Hauppage DCR-2650 with integrated IR receiver (1 Viewer)

caffeamericano

February 9, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm trying to setup a Windows Media Center (MCE) remote using my Hauppage DCR-2650 tv tuner with integrated IR receiver using MediaPortal 1.13. MediaPortal does not seem to recognize the IR receiver on the Hauppage device. I've installed the device drivers from WinTV8 but still no luck. Right now I'm just using my wireless keyboard to control the system but it's not ideal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

MediaPortal does not seem to recognize the IR receiver on the Hauppage device.
    How are you coming to this conclusion?

Would I be correct to assume you installed the latest "WinTV-DCR-2650 Remote Control application" software from Hauppauge's website?
    What else have you done to make it work? (For example, have you tried enabling any of MediaPortal's remote control handlers such as the generic HID [used for MCE remotes] or Hauppauge handlers?)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So none of the buttons on the remote work, right? It's not just a case of some buttons working and some not (?).

As far as I'm aware you're the first person to attempt to get a Hauppauge DCR tuner's IR receiver to work with MediaPortal. Therefore getting it to work may take a bit of experimentation. I'm assuming the receiver should work with the generic HID handler if it's properly WMC-compatible/compliant. Certainly it seems unlikely that the Hauppauge handler would work because that's designed for use with HVR and PVR tuners and the IR32 software/driver (which seems to be not applicable for DCR tuners). If the receiver is not properly WMC-compliant then it may not be possible to get it working with MediaPortal at this time... but don't give up yet. Let's do a bit of digging!

Can you please try the HID Demo and see if it recognises anything:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/hid-demo.133296/

A screenshot of the devices tab would be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom