Setting up MP for the amateur (1 Viewer)

neilturner

Portal Member
February 9, 2006
Dear All,

I am sorry but I feel a complete amateur.

I have successfully installed MP version 2 and am having problems setting it up; particularly with regard to TV.

I find the config options beyond me in that some of the selections are for items I do not know how to find.

There is a TV tuner in my PC as I currently use Powercinema but can't get a full range of UK digital terrestial channels so wanted to try MP. However the MP setup wizard can't even find my TV tuner.

I have tried working through the online manuals but get stuck.

Please would it be possible to guide me to the right place to gather the info from my PC I need to enter?

Is it that the MP installation is not intended for an inexperienced PC user?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hi Neil,

If setup doesnt find your card it most likely means that your card isn't supported at this point. Do you know the Brand and Model of your card? Please look in the link Commodore provided and see if you can find your model there and then report back.

I agree with you that MP currently is not as easy as it could/should be for the average user. However lots of work is being done in this specific area and it will only get better with every release. If you have any questions regarding specific options you don't understand, then please ask so we can help you. If unsure, you should just stick to the defaults.

Edit: If you dont know your TV-Tuner card, the please go into control panel - system - hardware - device manager and tell us the entries you find under audio/video/and gamecontroller.

Best
    Inker

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    neilturner said:
    Dear All,

I am sorry but I feel a complete amateur.
    Welcome. :D
    [....]There is a TV tuner in my PC as I currently use Powercinema but can't get a full range of UK digital terrestial channels so wanted to try MP. However the MP setup wizard can't even find my TV tuner.
    I have tried working through the online manuals but get stuck.

Please would it be possible to guide me to the right place to gather the info from my PC I need to enter?
    If you're not sure which TV tuner is in your machine, try this little program.
    Is it that the MP installation is not intended for an inexperienced PC user?
    MP is on the one hand intended also for the inexperienced user. On the other hand, its not finished (The version number hasn't reached 1.0). So, in a way you're here a little bit too early. :wink: Then again, you're quite welcome.
    Please post all your problems on the forums, you'll undoubtably receive help (if you don't grasp the help: just say so). And, once you get MP up and running, help the development of it if you like. By then, you know firsthand how to improve MP Setup. Not how to change the program possible, but share your experience and the programmers have valuable input.

neilturner

Portal Member
    February 9, 2006
    Audio Video Components via Control Panel

Thank you to everyone!

The components I have found are:

Audio codecs
    Legacy Audio drivers
    Legacy Video Capture Devices
    Logitech Mic (Communicate STX)
    Media control devices
    Medion SAA7131, hybrid capture device 1
    Medion SAA 7131, hybrid capture device 2
    Realtek High definition Audio
    Video codec

I suspect the TV Tuner(s) are the medion entries. I think they are a Philips manufactured item.

The SIW programme is amazingly thorough isn't it!

The PC is a Medion 8800; new model. UK

Thank you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom