Setting Up Schedules Direct with MP2 (2 Viewers)

jwlynn

Portal Member
November 17, 2017
Lawton, OK
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've looked all through here and have not seen a thread directly addressing my problem so forgive me if it has been dealt with before.

1. I downloaded, installed and set up MediaPortal 2 and mapped all the OTA channels that I can get. It works fine but with no guide information.
2. I created an account with Schedules Direct and chose all the channels I potentially could get. I have not done any customizing of my channels other than that.
3. I installed the Schedules Direct Plugin and put the files in the correct location. I opened the setup program and checked the plugin box for SD and added my login information.
4. I don't get any guide information and can see no evidence that it is actually doing anything. I can't even figure out where any logs would be to see if it is actually doing anything.

Can anyone help me out from here?

Thanks,
John

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the Schedules Direct Plugin does not work with MP2? That thread was more about EPG buddy than SD.
    Correct. The recommendation is that you install the EPG Buddy instead. If the description from @Lehmden is not enough, you can search the forum for other postings by @breese who reports how to configure it for a productive use in the US.

jwlynn

Portal Member
    November 17, 2017
    Lawton, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Correct. The recommendation is that you install the EPG Buddy instead. If the description from @Lehmden is not enough, you can search the forum for other postings by @breese who reports how to configure it for a productive use in the US.

EPG Buddy no longer works. That is the reason that I'm trying to find something different.

Do you have a working copy of EPG Buddy? Just curious.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you have a working copy of EPG Buddy?
    Mine has no problem under MP2, not the newest one though, hence I am surprised that you are experiencing issues. Can you elaborate a bit more?

Meanwhile try this version.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    EPG Buddy no longer works.
    Yes, older versions don't work for US (means tvguide.com) any more. The "rest" of the world could use it as before. The main reason for the latest version was, that TVGuide.com has changed something on their site. Luckily we were able to fix this.. And sorry for the unusual download link. We still are looking for a reliable solution for the mess the stupid AV tools has put EPG-Buddy into...
    If you had a look at the forum post for EPG-Buddy you would have read why older versions no longer working and where to find the new one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom