Setup Database Connection Failure (1 Viewer)

Pengo429

April 11, 2009
Home Country
Country flag
Just installed Mp1.0.1. When I click "TV-Server Configuration", I get the "Setup database connection" window. I enter the password and click "Test". I get "Connection succeeded". I click "OK" then "Save" and nothing happens from there.

Now have 1.0.1 running. Had to run TV-Server Configuration as Administrator, only for the first time.

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate 64bit
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there and welcome :)

Maybe a good idea to attach logs and full system specs. More chance to get help that way.

See the links in my signature for detailed instructions.

happyf1sh

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Hello all,

I am having the same problem. I am running as administrator.

BTW - I installed 1.0 and there is no problem and there is no difference between upgrading to 1.0.1 or doing a fresh install of 1.0.1.

I have tried to run the log collector and I get an unhandled exception "cannot read log entry 15903. The event log may be corrupt"

I have attached the logs from the server folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I changed the security permissions to the file 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\gentle.config' and the save button now works. However, I've had to start the TvService manually to get to the configuration screen. Updated logs also included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I gave up and jumped ship to Kodi - which worked first time without problems. After 10 years with Mediaportal, it was a huge shame to leave but I couldn’t get it to work at all with my new PC with integrated...
    Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I...
    Hi, I've been using MediaPortal 1 for many years on an HTPC with a graphics card, but since switching to a Dell Optiplex 5080 with...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, I want to see from into MePo an iso DVD and an ISO Bluray disc, but whe they run into MePo I see a green screen without audio. I configured the video and audio codecs following the video playback guide available on this forum. I have to say that recently I uninstalled a video card to put it in another office PC and now for...
    Hello, I want to see from into MePo an iso DVD and an ISO Bluray disc, but whe they run into MePo I see a green screen without...
    Hello, I want to see from into MePo an iso DVD and an ISO Bluray disc, but whe they run into MePo I see a green screen without...
    Replies
    Views
    Since this thread has wandered a bit from the original issue / title, I am starting another one.
    Since this thread has wandered a bit from the original issue / title, I am starting another one.
    I have just done a virgin installation of MP 1.26 on a bare metal installation of Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (because Intel does not...
    Replies
    Views
    This problem still exists with MP 1.29.
    This problem still exists with MP 1.29.
    When installing MP1, the TV DB configuration dialog specifies SQL Server 2005 (see attached file "Setup database connection -...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks. I'll be working through your response and experimenting some more. Will let you know what I find.
    Thanks. I'll be working through your response and experimenting some more. Will let you know what I find.
    MP looks like an attractive replacement for WMC, but unlike Kodi (which I just tried), I'm having a hard time getting my 3-tuner...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom