Memory: 1 Gig
Motherboard: Dell
Video Card: PCI GeForce FX 5200
Video Card Resolution: 1024X 768
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Cyberlink
Audio Codec Type & Version: Cyberlink
TV Card:Hauppauge PVR-150

Hello all. I am very new to the PVR stuff but have lots of experiance with computers. I am setting up Medial Protal for the 1st time and have ran into a samll issue. I am sure there have been other threads on this so if you could just post a link, I would be very happy. The problem I am having is in the main setup where is asks what Counrty and City you are from so it can setup the cable Channels. Why does it not have the USA for a selection? How can I setup a free guide to pull the channel info so I don't have to manully set it up? Thanks for your help.

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

brsexton

Portal Member
January 11, 2006
VA
Thank you so much for your help. I was able to get all of my channles listed. However, I am having an issue with the TVguide. It is way out of time sync and I don't know how to correct it. I have searched and can't seem to getting it working right with EST. Can you help me with this?

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
brsexton said:
Thank you so much for your help. I was able to get all of my channles listed. However, I am having an issue with the TVguide. It is way out of time sync and I don't know how to correct it. I have searched and can't seem to getting it working right with EST. Can you help me with this?
Open Mediaportal Setup, then goto TV -> Program Guide. In XMLTV settings, there are some options to tweak the timezone differences between MP and the EPG (Electronic Program Guide) information.
You may want to look at this Wiki page for more information

brsexton

Portal Member
January 11, 2006
VA
Thanks again. After MANY tires, I got the time thing fixed. Now I have one more question for now. How can I get MP to auto update the TVguide?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom