[no Bug] setuptv.exe error when updating RC4 to RC5 (1 Viewer)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Same error when upgrading from RC5 to RC6

Same error when upgrading from RC5 to RC6 - same 'fix' to perform a standard uninstall of TV-Server and a fresh install of RC6 selecting single seat and 'standard' configuration which prompted an installation of TV-Server and the TV-Plugin.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: Same error when upgrading from RC5 to RC6

Same error when upgrading from RC5 to RC6 - same 'fix' to perform a standard uninstall of TV-Server and a fresh install of RC6 selecting single seat and 'standard' configuration which prompted an installation of TV-Server and the TV-Plugin.

From your log:

[ INFO] An SVN version (02) of MP is installed. Update is not supported.

Simone

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That is excellent progress to find this indication. I went back to the install log I'd posted after RC5 and saw this:
    [ INFO] An SVN version (24) of MP is installed. Update is not supported.
    I'll ask what the argument of 24 (from RC5) and now 02 indicate? You are correct in that I'd placed a TVService.exe from [Bug] Timeshift repeating on channel change and the svn of mediainfo you'd asked us to evaluate under [Bug] Mediainfo.dll broken (for me) above ver 0.7.30 into my RC4 folders, but my RC5 should have had nothing off-standard as I updated to RC6.

I don't do any SVN updates but have swapped out an occasional .dll or .exe based on threads. In any case my TVService.exe is now 1.0.10.0 and as suspicious as it seems, mediainfo.dll is 0.7.33 with a 6/23/2010 date instead of the different than 05/13/2010 of the baseline 0.7.33 release from sourceforge. Assuming RC5 had gotten me all back "standard" (when I did the uninstall and reinstall) why did RC6 still detect some SVN components? Will I see this again during the 1.1.0.0-Final update or should I uninstall all of MediaPortal and do a fresh RC6 install before the final?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom