[no Bug] SetupTv freezes when clicking on Server (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So no way to know if mm's setup tv solve it :(

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No, I tried those things already without success. It only happens the first time (see #12)
    So to be clear, have you tried my patch?
    The point of the patch was to start to try to narrow the problem by writing to the logs at strategic points. It won't fix the problem... but I need the log from the test in order to know what to do next.

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No I didn't try your new version yet, because currently I'm unable to reproduce the issue anymore. Whenever I reinstall my server or someone else has this issue, I/he could try it with your new version.

As I wrote, it only happens on a clean installation, when Audio was already disabled. After enabling Audio and using the TV card, it is working, even though if you then disable Audio and disable Windows Audio Service. But before I enabled Audio, it never worked, even though if you restart your PC many times. The reason why I figure it out was, that I remembered that one of our customers also had this issue a few month ago and he told me the same thing, that he didn't have audio enabled and after that it worked. But for now I don't know what else ist different between Audio disabled and disabling Audio again to reproduce the freeze in SetupTv :-( But of course I come back to you, whenever this happens again (e.g. reinstalling my server)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom