Share View Trouble (1 Viewer)

mark3141

Portal Member
December 17, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

I've searched through the documentation, but I cannot seem to find the answer to my problem. I can only view my music in share mode. When I try to sort by artist or a similar tag, I get nothing. I've scanned the files through the mediaportal config app, but this didn't seem to do anything. Am I doing something wrong? Might it have something to do with the fact that my music is on an external drive on another computer?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi mark3141

External drives on other computers should be fine. The share view is the only view that shows tracks as per the folder structures on the HDD(s). The other views require that the track information (artist, album etc.) for all your music has been imported into the music database - this suggests a problem with the import. So you've been through -->here<-- (in MP configuration) and clicked "update database from selected shares" with your shares selected (ticked)?

mm

mark3141

Portal Member
    December 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Yes, I clicked through that, and it scanned all my music. Just not sure why it's not showing up...

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi mark3141, welcome :)

I hope you do not see this as a silly question, but just to double check: Are you sure the ID3 tags on your music files are correctly populated before you scanned them?

mark3141

Portal Member
    December 17, 2011
    Home Country
    I believe so. All the information appears in Windows Media Player, XBMC and when I open a folder from the Share view.

As I'm messing around with Mediaportal, do I need to scan the folder from Mediaportal itself (and not the configuratin program)?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    No, the scan from Configuration program should be fine.

So in MediaPortal, you enter the music section and then select Switch View and then select Artist?

Maybe reproduce that and attach full log files. Maybe that will reveal something.
    On the Start menu you will find MediaPortal Debug Mode that will start the Watchdog application to assist you with collecting the log files and save a zip to desktop.
    Attach here when done.

mark3141

Portal Member
    December 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Right, and when I do that, everything vanishes from the menu. Logs are attached.

Thanks for the help.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Looks like you are trying to view by AlbumArtist.
    Use something like MPTagThat to verify that the AlbumArtist field is populated.
    Alternatively, zip and upload one of your file so that I can check for you. We can delete it from public view as soon as I have it.

mark3141

Portal Member
    December 17, 2011
    Home Country
    File attached. Note that I have the same issue regardless of whether I'm looking at AlbumArtist, Album, Track Name, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom