Shiny Weather Icons (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I noticed media portal uses the weather channels "reference" set of icons, well here are some much prettier ones which are also compatible with the weather channel but look much prettier :wink:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/5215175/

Just copy them over the existing sets in:
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\weather\64x64
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\weather\128x128

If enough people think these are top notch, maybe they can become the default set for media portal? The author states they can be used for non commercial freeware, and I could drop him a line out of courtesy to let him know too.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    please drop him a line letting him know.
    If he does agree, send me that mail in a PM and we will put that text in the readme file for the skins.

I'll check them out.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tested these alternative symbols and copied them to the 64x64 and 128x128 folder. The images are not resized from mp and so they are displayed to big and covering each other. At least with my resolution of only 720x576.

In the Powertoys for Windows XP there is the image resizer. After installation of the utility just mark all the images you want to resize and press the right mouse button. In the menu choose "Resize Pictures". In the dialog choose "Advanced >>" and enter the custom size of 64x64 or 128x128 and don't create copies (resize the original pictures). After some second you have the best weather symbols in mp. Perfect.

Here's the link to the powertoys:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip tklon, I didnt have this problem on mine, but thats probably because I am running at 1280x1024 :twisted:

A

Anonymous

JyriK said:
    Yes, you can use/include my weather icons on this project.

Champ! Thanks!

And hey, if you ever feel like it, we could do with a JyriK skin for MP too :wink:

A

Anonymous

Maybe this could be a really cool new weather feature. In weather configuration you could choose which weather icon "skin" set you want. Like you pick the overall skin, with a small preview window. Would be great for budding artists who don't want to get involved in creating a whole MP skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom