Shortcut'er IRSS and Translator- Using control-shift keypresses (1 Viewer)

mdg78

Portal Member
February 23, 2009
Providence, RI
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

I have a problem similar to this. I am trying to use a USB-UIRT with custom IR codes that are mapped to hot keys I've programmed in shortcuter. I have all MP commands defined through Translator, and everything works great with basic commands. When I try to call my Shortcut'er commands, (ie cntrl-shift-key press) it does not work. I also have an imon remote that has keys mapped to these hot keys, but that's through the imon software, not irss. I have seen this thread, so I assume it is possible to get control-shift-key to work by "^+s" for control-shift-s, but this is not working for me. I know Translator recognizes the IR code too. When I press the keys on the keyboard in MP, Shortcut'er works fine and jumps to the appropriate screen. Any help is appreciated.

I'm using MP 1.02, and the IRSS 1.4.2.3158. I'm using random IR codes for a programmable touch screen remote that I am defining for MP keypresses.

Michael

mdg78

Portal Member
February 23, 2009
Providence, RI
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Just an update, I don't know if there is a problem with Shortcut'er and translator, but the control-shift keys don't seem to get passed on to it from translator. I got around this by using the abstractor only for the IR codes that called those windows, and mapping them to jump to a specific window. I'm still using Translator for other key presses which is what works better for me based on my remote configuration. Just thought I'd update my work around so far.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom