ShortCut'er Plugin - Shortcuts for the MP sections (2 Viewers)

salseropg

Portal Member
April 26, 2008
Hello! you have to put last plug-in in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process
Remove also all older versions. I installed M.P. 1.2.1 and ShortCuter works fine.

scirocco790

Portal Pro
December 7, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: ShortCut'er Plugin - Shortcuts for the MP sections

That was it. I have placed it in the false directory.

Justthecat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 6, 2009
    Plugin won't work in MP
    I'm installing it into the correct folder ( C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process)
    When i go into MP config and plugins its in its own category Incompatible Plugins.
    I've tried installing both the ShortCutter_plugin. And ShortCutter_MP1.1 versions located at the start of the post.
    I'm using MP V1.2.1.0 its really getting frustrating now:(

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Plugin won't work in MP
    I'm installing it into the correct folder ( C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process)
    When i go into MP config and plugins its in its own category Incompatible Plugins.
    I've tried installing both the ShortCutter_plugin. And ShortCutter_MP1.1 versions located at the start of the post.

That's strange.. I works for me with MP 1.2.1 Did you have tried a fresh install of Mediaportal?

Justthecat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 6, 2009
    Plugin won't work in MP

That's strange.. I works for me with MP 1.2.1 Did you have tried a fresh install of Mediaportal?
    Yes this is a fresh install of Windows 7 and of MediaPortal, the only plugins I have installed beside skins are the MP-TVseries, moving pictures, the messenger plugin(to allow coms with eventghost) and ShortCutter. This is really confusing me now I've tried everything I can think of any help would be really appreciated.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Plugin won't work in MP

Yes this is a fresh install of Windows 7 and of MediaPortal, the only plugins I have installed beside skins are the MP-TVseries, moving pictures, the messenger plugin(to allow coms with eventghost) and ShortCutter. This is really confusing me now I've tried everything I can think of any help would be really appreciated.

Are you shure you are using the rigth one? I gues you are not.. Please download the attachment and move the dll into the plugins -> process folder.

Justthecat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 6, 2009

Are you shure you are using the rigth one? I gues you are not.. Please download the attachment and move the dll into the plugins -> process folder.
    Thank you.This version has worked. Obviously the versions I was downloading from the Post Header were for older versions of Media Portal. Thanks Again. :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    powermarcel10

Removed plugin, now attached to first post with instructions for installing inside.

Just a a side note, anyone noticing things like this, just pm me and I will edit first post, better to keep files there, rather than searching thread.

Thanks

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just can't get this plugin to work Im using mp 1.2.2.0 and the correct plugin version, But mp just dosen't go to any window. I have set ctrl+T = Tv ctrl+v = Videos and ctrl+m = music. Theres not much that can be wrong please help

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I just can't get this plugin to work Im using mp 1.2.2.0 and the correct plugin version, But mp just dosen't go to any window. I have set ctrl+T = Tv ctrl+v = Videos and ctrl+m = music. Theres not much that can be wrong please help

Hi, first make sure you have the correct pluggin and no other versions are present in the plugins/process directory. You need this one. ShortCuter-MP1.2.0+ compatible.rar. Extract the .rar and place the .dll file here "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process" verify manually that the file is there and no other versions are present.

Then..

- Open MP config and goto the plugins section.
    . Right click the plugin and select disabled (to enable).
    - Right click again and goto configuration.
    - For each shortcut you want to make, give it a name so you know what its for in the first column.
    - In the second column put the key you want to use so "t" or "v" or "m" (if you are putting capitals in there try lower case).
    - For the third column you need the ID. So in your skins folder find the .xml for the section you want to go to for example 'myvideos.xml' and open the file in a text editor (notepad etc). My location is "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Avallonis" but yours my be different. Near the top of the file you will see "id" e.g <id>6</id> so put 6 in the third column.
    - Tick the CTRL check box.
    - Click Update and Close.
    - Click OK to close MP config.
    - Open Mediaportal and try your shortcut.

Does it still not work? I just set up a shortcut to myvideos and it definately works. Also make sure you are actually using the plugins you want to goto ie you actually do use myvideos and not moving pictures for your movies for example..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom