- April 27, 2010
This is a remake of the great process plugin ShortCut'er, the old thread you can find here.
ShortCut'er lets you create keyboard shortcuts to any MP screen, like TV, Videos, Music, etc..
For each shortcut you can define a keystroke combination such as:
<CTRL> + <ALT> + <SHIFT> + <KEY>
This can be useful to manage some remotes (such as imon) where for each key can be associated keystroke combinations.
The setup screen is this:
Thanks to @MoPhat, @chemelli and @and-81 for the development of first version of this plugin.
Thanks also to the developers of the Keyboard Input Plugin and StreamedMp Skin Editor for the many ideas that I took from their work.
Documentation: Wiki page
Download the installation file from repository and double click on it or use MedaPortal Extension Installer.
- ChangeLog -
The plugin is compatible with the old configuration, when you save the changes, the file will be overwritten in the new format.
Will be made an automatic backup of the old configuration (ShortCuter.xml.old) before upgrading.
The plugin is compatible with MP from 1.2.x to 1.10.0.
The new features introduced since the previous version are:
- management also the ALT key as modifier, in addition to CTRL and SHIFT
- management of the modifiers (CTRL - ALT - SHIFT) for each shortcut, not as a global setting for all shortcuts
- ability to associate a sound effect (among those available for the selected skin) to each shortcut
- possibility of using the load parameters (also called hyperlink parameters), for those pages that support them, such as moving picture, TV series, online videos, so for example, to enter directly in the Trailers section
- improvement of the configuration interface, providing a list of the most popular links or alternatively the selection of the various files of the skin (that have a WindowID)
- [V2.0.3+] possibility of write GuiProperties name in Load Parameters: the name will be replaced by the value of the property
- [V2.0.6+] CapsLock & NumLock full override at start-up
- [V2.0.6+] management cyclical & toggle shortcuts
- [V2.1.0+] Skin Navigator (the plugin becomes a MP Window Plugin)
I have completely rewritten the plugin, the main focus has been the management of the ALT key, so as to allow the interception of any combination of keys.
The technique of the old version, i.e. use the MP action KeyPressed, did not allow this, so I started to explore the solution of keyboard hook (as used by the Keyboard Input plugin) but this, with Win7, led to the problem of time-out response and random unhook from Windows.
Finally, since the goal of the plugin is not to remap the MP actions or replace them, but to go in addition, I preferred to adopt the solution of interception by RawInput, safest and without problems of timeout.
thanks to all