nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    ShortCuter.png

Description:

This is a remake of the great process plugin ShortCut'er, the old thread you can find here.
    ShortCut'er lets you create keyboard shortcuts to any MP screen, like TV, Videos, Music, etc..
    For each shortcut you can define a keystroke combination such as:

<CTRL> + <ALT> + <SHIFT> + <KEY>​

This can be useful to manage some remotes (such as imon) where for each key can be associated keystroke combinations.

The setup screen is this:
    Config.png

Thanks to @MoPhat, @chemelli and @and-81 for the development of first version of this plugin.
    Thanks also to the developers of the Keyboard Input Plugin and StreamedMp Skin Editor for the many ideas that I took from their work.

Documentation: Wiki page

Installation:
    Download the installation file from repository and double click on it or use MedaPortal Extension Installer.
    - ChangeLog -

The plugin is compatible with the old configuration, when you save the changes, the file will be overwritten in the new format.
    Will be made an automatic backup of the old configuration (ShortCuter.xml.old) before upgrading.
    The plugin is compatible with MP from 1.2.x to 1.10.0.

News:
    The new features introduced since the previous version are:
    • management also the ALT key as modifier, in addition to CTRL and SHIFT
    • management of the modifiers (CTRL - ALT - SHIFT) for each shortcut, not as a global setting for all shortcuts
    • ability to associate a sound effect (among those available for the selected skin) to each shortcut
    • possibility of using the load parameters (also called hyperlink parameters), for those pages that support them, such as moving picture, TV series, online videos, so for example, to enter directly in the Trailers section
    • improvement of the configuration interface, providing a list of the most popular links or alternatively the selection of the various files of the skin (that have a WindowID)
    • [V2.0.3+] possibility of write GuiProperties name in Load Parameters: the name will be replaced by the value of the property
    • [V2.0.6+] CapsLock & NumLock full override at start-up
    • [V2.0.6+] management cyclical & toggle shortcuts
    • [V2.1.0+] Skin Navigator (the plugin becomes a MP Window Plugin)

Details:
    I have completely rewritten the plugin, the main focus has been the management of the ALT key, so as to allow the interception of any combination of keys.
    The technique of the old version, i.e. use the MP action KeyPressed, did not allow this, so I started to explore the solution of keyboard hook (as used by the Keyboard Input plugin) but this, with Win7, led to the problem of time-out response and random unhook from Windows.
    Finally, since the goal of the plugin is not to remap the MP actions or replace them, but to go in addition, I preferred to adopt the solution of interception by RawInput, safest and without problems of timeout.

thanks to all :)

Last edited:

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    thanks

when I have a bit of time, I put the sources on the plugin repository and public a small documentation page on MP Wiki.. :)

let me know if you have any other ideas on this plugin or if there are problems.. :eek:

Invisible

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have only one thing which I miss (which has worked in the previous version), keys without any addtional special key is not saved and then lost. I use the IR-USB Sconi V2, and has a configuration which use the default MediaPortal keys. Only for some special keys (MyTV, TVGuide, ect) I want to use your plugin, but here the Ctrl, Alt and Shift are not working correctly. If I enter it on my keyboard it's working. If I use e.g. "SHIFT + g" and press this on my remote then I got "G" but the plugin is not recognize it. Is it possible to extend you plugin to use it also without any special keys like the Version 1.

Regards,
    Invisible

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    sure ..
    I had put that limitation to make more clarity, prevent overwriting keys already mapped by MediaPortal and make lighter the interception of events for the plugin, but if there is this need, I make some changes and release a new DLL..

But I'm also curious, if you have availability to take a test:

• in MP configuration\general set LogVerbosity to "Information"
    • start MP
    • send shift + g from your remote
    • attach here the mediaportal log file, that I check if the plugin listening for the event
    thanks

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @Invisible:
    I have attached the DLL file, changed according to your request, if you give me positive feedback, I rebuild the installation file
    I would be grateful if you also take the "log test"

Attachments

• ShortCuter.zip
      119.3 KB

Invisible

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm also curious, if you have availability to take a test:
    sure ..
    I had put that limitation to make more clarity, prevent overwriting keys already mapped by MediaPortal and make lighter the interception of events for the plugin, but if there is this need, I make some changes and release a new DLL..

But I'm also curious, if you have availability to take a test:

• in MP configuration\general set LogVerbosity to "Information"
    • start MP
    • send shift + g from your remote
    • attach here the mediaportal log file, that I check if the plugin listening for the event
    thanks

Hi nicsergio,

I have testes it with "ctrl + g" from my Sconi but your plugin only recv "g", so it seem that my SconiCenter has a bug. Because if I press "ctrl +g" from my wirless keyboard then your plugin is receiving "ctrl + g" and the link is working. I added the log file which you wanted at time point [2013-10-29 20:41:06,905] I pressed 3x my remote and then 1x from my keyboard[DOUBLEPOST=1383076676][/DOUBLEPOST]
    @Invisible:
    I have attached the DLL file, changed according to your request, if you give me positive feedback, I rebuild the installation file
    I would be grateful if you also take the "log test"

Hi nicsergio,

I tested your new plugin it works fine with my Sconi :) . I also added the log file where you could see that my 5 addtional keys are working without CTRL / SHIRT or ALT :). So thanks a lot for the great job (y).

Regards,
    Invisible

mcroyjason

Portal Member
    July 4, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just wanted to say thank you for this plugin!

I use the Flirc USB which just receives remote commands as keyboard presses. This plugin has made it possible for me to do some additional things in MP that I couldn't do before. I am currently only using the Live TV/Online videos plugin and the Mediabrowser plugin for watching my videos.

Anyway, so far it is all working very well.

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I just wanted to say thank you for this plugin!

I use the Flirc USB which just receives remote commands as keyboard presses. This plugin has made it possible for me to do some additional things in MP that I couldn't do before. I am currently only using the Live TV/Online videos plugin and the Mediabrowser plugin for watching my videos.

Anyway, so far it is all working very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom