Shouldn't the EPG collection be triggered by the TV server? (2 Viewers)

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello all,

I see there are basically two sources for EPG-data: the internet and the DVB-stream. However I observe that the two collectors are configrured and located at different entities (assuming a TV-server plus a MP-client): DVB-EPG is collected by the TV-Server, Internet-EPG is collected by the MP-client (or more exactly by a separate application which can be triggered by a MP-client-plugin). I understand that the TV-server then offers a possibility to import the collected data and stores all EPG data in its SQL database.

Wouldn't it be more consistent to trigger all EPG collection by the TV-server (or a plugin of the TV-server)?

I'm currently using a single-seat configuration and have no problem. But I assume that people having a multi-seat would need something like the simple WebEPG-plugin for the TV-server, so that this one could e.g. startup just after midnight and start collecting EPG data from all the different sources? Or am I missing something and there's a simple solution for this?

kind regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom