splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey folks,

about that API key issue. I realize that we do NOT have a permanent and valid solution here. The reason is this: one has to officially apply for a key for the application. For this to succeed, one has to fulfill certain requirements from SC side, for instance, provide a way for presenting ads to the listener. Which is a desire which I find perfectly understandable.

To achieve a permanent solution, some changes in the design an approach of the plugin could be necessary. This is just generally speaking my opinion, I have not talked to anyone from SC side.

Since we are a community, we could decide together in which direction the plugin should or could go.

Peace,
    splatterpop

biohazardxxx

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Regarding the the ads a smal space for a banner could be set up but hidden by default setup. As I can see Winamp does not show any SC ads by default.
    Or did I understood wrong?

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That is my understanding also. I dont have winamp installed, perhaps you could send a screenshot? AFAIR, SC requires a screenshot for the application process also. Which makes me wonder a bit.

I believe we should consider whether or not we are willing to accept ads in the MP plugin. If yes, we could think about a way how to display them (perhaps fade out after a certain amount of time, or even more artistic ways).

It is my opinion that, since we want to use the services that SC provides, it would be only fair to try and establish true win-win.

biohazardxxx

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I totally agree!
    Screanshot is attached. Maybe this is meaned by display adds?
    But it is only visible while browing SC. the window can be closed and is not needed to tune in a stream.

br
    Bio

Attachments

• SC_add.JPG
      SC_add.JPG
      168.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom