Shoutcast Directory Plugin (1 Viewer)

Tropics

Portal Member
April 13, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
i had to search for like half an hour to find the correct information, but the plugin works with the shown parameters.

however, it does not seem to support visualizations, is that correct?

Attachments

• Clipboard-1.jpg
    Clipboard-1.jpg
    59.5 KB

xmamx

Portal Member
June 10, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I use the R4 Visualization for all my music including shoutcast, its the best visualization I have seen - it has a little demo writing across the screen every so often but it is worth it. Here is a shoutcast icon for blue3wide, i used the free mepo character for 3dsmax.

Right Click on it and save it to your skin media directory. Save as hover_shoutcast.png

hovershoutcast.png

ccna55

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
ShoutCast URL

Is shoutcast not working anymore?
I see the above thread states to change your URL however that didnt seem to work?
Anyone else having issue getting shoutcast to work now.

Wolen

Portal Pro
May 27, 2008
Home Country
I'm finding that the Shoutcast plugin is buggy, it sometimes works on one pc, but I can't get it to work on another. Sometimes the station list will come up on one, but can't get the station list to come up at all on another installation of MP. Any work being done on this plugin?

mrbert

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Rotterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
For me it works again with the new URL?
I wonder why we have to change this manually.
A friend of mine had a Yamaha Media receiver with webradio and he never has to edit these.

In general the pluging works OK for me

rkooten

Portal Pro
August 3, 2008
Home Country
I'm finding that the Shoutcast plugin is buggy, it sometimes works on one pc, but I can't get it to work on another. Sometimes the station list will come up on one, but can't get the station list to come up at all on another installation of MP. Any work being done on this plugin?

I have used this plugin since I installed MP more then a year ago and it has always been buggy. Often the list with stations won't show up and when it does the streams won't start half the time. Shame 'cos when it does work it is incredibly cool!!

ccna55

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Home Country
It appears to be working with the new url above..
I have tried the url a few times and it didnt work now it is.
I suppose as mentioned below it or the station is buggy..

Thanks
Victor

BadSeed

Portal Member
February 3, 2007
Home Country
This is a great plugin, I am just really discovering Shoutcast after years of stubbornly ignoring it. There are some great stations out there (and some not so great)
The setup parameters posted by Tropical work, although for some reason I had to remove the plugin (delete files) and reinstall before it would work with the new url.
The only improvememt I could suggest would be a Now Playing screen, but no biggie

Thanks a lot for the work put in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom