[TV] Show a connection dialogue on first connection to network TVServer (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

I have a multi-seat setup and it takes sometimes around 6s to tune the first channel. During this time it appears that MP is just sitting there when infact it is waiting for TSreader to do its stuff. Is there any possibility of creating a connection icon, like the cogwheel, that appears on the first time connect (rather than subsequent channel changes) to indicate to the watcher that MP is doing something and just to wait, not get impatient?

Cheers,

Chris

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Chris

We did have such a cog wheel... and it was removed because for some reason people were encountering scenarios where the wheel would never go away. Off the top of my head I think it was taken out in MP 1.4.

mm

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Really? Wondered why I felt it already had one... Oh well just have to explain to the family that they should not get angry when it doesn't appear to respond :D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...or enable tuner preloading so the first tune doesn't take as long.
    ...or wait a little. gibman has done some work on "async tuning" for TVE 3.5... which means the UI would probably stay responsive while the back end is handling the tune request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom