Show videos in My Pictures (1 Viewer)

JulianBuss

Portal Pro
November 14, 2004
please keep this to the topic. I also would like to view short movies (.mov in my case) in My Pictures and especially in a slideshow. This is because we treat this short movies like pictures, or, to say with the words of my son: "please show me pictures where I speak" :)

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Indeed, having the possibility of watching the small clips along with the other pictures would be great.
    If it will go along with playing the wav files it will simply be perfect.
    Ynot's suggestion sounds very good to me.

Sasler

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2006
    I agree, one shuld be able to watch the video clips taken with a didital camera that are usully stored in the same folder(s) as the pictures.

jay_galway

Portal Pro
    January 24, 2007
    In my opinion there should be no distinction between any type of media, you should be able to select whatever it is you want to look at and media portal displays/plays it etc. So if you in a directory that is video or music or pictures, it will handle each file type accordingly.

This was a major gripe I had with XBMC, where in you had to select Movies to watch any movies on the drives, then esc back to main menu and select music to listen to music.

You could then have a single MyMedia menu item and then it would be upto the user to configure the directories underneath this, as we currently do for mymovies/mymusic/mypictures etc.

The benefit of this MyMedia idea, would be you wouldnt have to back out and select a new menu item to select something you want to view etc.

krntea

Portal Member
    January 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Just quickly add my support for this improvement idea [picture + video clips]. Would add that picture sildeshow would probably need option to exclude/include video/sound.

Other ideas for the Picture Album - some also mentioned before:
    - Text Descriptions
    - Sound Recorder Descriptions:
    Record and Play sound on a "per picture" basis: The idea being to set the slideshow going along with the sound recorder. What better way to document the pictures than to talk about them as they are displayed with those involved. The sound clips are archived "per picture" and can then be optionally played back at a later date (in 20 years when the kids dig up the archive :).

GetWell

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This could be a real nice feature!!

When I say My Videos I think of my movies...

When I say Holiday I think of both pictures and videos in the same place...

Heimkinofan

Portal Member
    March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this cool feature planned to become implemented anywhere?

I still think it's a great idea and most likely would want to see that implemented soon.
    However, I did not find any "up-to-date"-posts about this.

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    The plethora of digital imaging devices that now serve up still as well as moving pictures suggest that My Pictures should indeed provide the facility to display movies. I fully support this as I am now in possession of a 7Mp camera that provides pretty movie files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom